ω - 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔪𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔬𝔩𝔶𝔪𝔭𝔲𝔰 ◼

Too many, it turned out. The unit's household only adopted an iguana into the family after the twin boys, Rami and Mika, turned fourteen. This was in the year 2037. Kōtarō waited a long time for his dream to come true.

"This is the best birthday gift ever," Kōtarō cried, his teary eyes gently stroking the reptile on his chest as he sat on the floor. "I love you guys so much," he leaned forward and placed a kiss on the iguana's head, his three kids standing over his sorry form with sheepish grins.

"Well, Dad Tetsu said it was one of those things you constantly brought up and after so many years, he just wants you to shut up about it," Shizuka, now seventeen, shook her head at him, hand on her strutted hip as she tried to keep herself from laughing.

"Just like Uncle Kenma with the trampoline," Rami shrugged.

"Or Uncle Akiteru that keeps bringing strawberry shortcake over every time he visits," Mika hummed in thought.

"Yeah but it's Dad Kei's favourite and he said it's like a peace offering," Rami commented.

"Still think Aunt Rika and Risa makes the best desserts," Shizuka plopped herself onto the couch, her long limbs stretching out over.

"That's because they make it like my mother! Your grandmother taught them all the tips and tricks," Bokuto grinned.

"Then why didn't you learn how to cook like Aunt Rika and Risa? You share the same mother, after all," Kōtarō just laughed sheepishly at the question.

"I once set fire to instant pudding and since then, I wasn't really allowed to work the kitchen," he answered. The kids just shook their heads. It was nothing unexpected to hear from Kōtarō.

"What are you going to call it?" Rami asked, referring to the reptile crawling all over his father's chest.

"Hmm it's a girl, right?" he nodded. "Then Olympia!"

"Olympia?"

"Yeah, like Olympus," Kōtarō grinned, not giving any more explanation.

"Shizuka, Mika; are you ready?" Keiji clambered from upstairs, a spring in his step that bounced his small man-bun around.

"Yeah, Dad," Shizuka peeled off herself from the couch, grabbing her backpack from the floor and swinging it onto her shoulder.

"Wait I need to grab my whip!" Mika called, quickly running upstairs to his bedroom.

"Take that out of context," Rami snorted.

"What are you going to do today?" Keiji turned to Rami with consideration.

"Probably study. This entire high school business isn't exactly easily," he cringed.

"You were the one who wanted to get into a smart-people school," Shizuka stuck out her tongue.

"I'm surprised you're actually managing to do good on all your classes," Rami shot back.

"Hey! I'm smart too!"

"'Just lazy'," Rami said with air quotes. "Get a better excuse,"

"Got my whip. Let's go," Mika returned and the three readied to leave.

"Enjoy your Tokyo camp, Shizuka! Tell my old coaches that I miss them if you see them!" Kōtarō called out from the floor.

"You should tell them yourself," she called back.

"I'll drop your brother off first," Keiji told her when they settled in the car.

"Alright,"

Since they were proud residents in Sendai, that meant their precious Tokyo schools, Fukurōdani and Nekoma, were off the table. They also saw no reason to move. Because of that, it had been decided conjointly with Shizuka that she would go to Karasuno. Thus, she became the first next generation crow. When she was little, she remembered watching her dads from her upstairs window as they played beach volleyball on their sand court. At that point she, as a little five-year-old, had wanted to play with them and so they all passed down their knowledge of volleyball to her. She seemed to really be enjoying it, which especially brought a huge grin to Kōtarō's face. When she was eight, she remembered being taken to watch one of Kōtarō's games and absolutely fell in love with the game. The way her father would get the entire audience on his side and the atmosphere was just so exhilarating. As soon as she were able, she started volleyball at school and she performed incredibly.