Part 3

Dwayne POV

When we came back, Ruby wasn't there. Knowing what I was thinking, David said, "She's in her bed." I quietly walked down and toward her bed. "Ruby?" My hand pushed away the beaded curtains that were once Star's. My sister was on her knees, clutching her stomach. "What's the matter?" "I drank out of the bottle, and it didn't agree with me," she said, in pain. "The blood bottle?" She winced, and attempted to nod. Sh*t she drank David's blood. He did it to make her one of us. "I f*cking knew it was his blood," she said. "Its mixing with Douglas's blood and taking over isn't it?" she asked, laying down on her side. I laid down behind her."Yeah. Its okay, Ruby. It'll pass soon, babygirl," I said, soothingly. I started to rub circles on her back with one hand, and held her other hand so she could hold on to mine. She is the only person I treat like this. Nobody else in the world. It lasted for about a few minutes. Until Paul came down and yelled "HEY what's the hold up!!?!" He opened the curtains. "Whoa. What happened to her?" "She drank from the bottle." "Oh sh*t. Well your little ex-boyfriend wouldn't be too happy about that huh?" he joked, "Come on we gotta go. Are you guys coming with us or not?" he said excitedly. "I guess so," I answered hesitantly. "Come on Ruby you have to come with us. You can't stay here." She groaned. "You know what? Dwayne I got this, Tell the guys I'll catch up."

Paul POV

Dwayne walked out, leaving me to get Ruby up. I kneeled down. "Hey Ruby. How you feelin'?" "A little better." "Good. We have to go. We're gonna feed." She turned around and stared at me. "What? I know I'm sexy but you don't have to stare," I said, wiggling my eyebrows. She rolled her eyes, but her expression stayed the same. "Paul listen. I shouldn't go with you." "You have to feed." She started to slowly stand up. I helped her by holding her waist. "Thanks. But I can't feed anymore. I haven't fed in six months." "What the h*ll? No. That's it. You're coming with me."

Ruby POV

Before I could blink, Paul threw me over his shoulder, and started walking towards his bike. "PAUL! LET GO OF ME RIGHT NOW! F*CK YOU! YOU AREN'T THE BOSS OF ME! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" "There's no point in yelling. You just can't escape it. You're gonna feed. You can't be an anorexic vampire- there is no such thing!" He finally put me down. "Nope," I said, plopping down and sitting criss-cross applesauce on the sand. "Seriously?" he asked. "Yes." "How old are you, 5?" I stuck my tongue out at him. "That would be a yes." He sighed, and placed his hands on his hips. "Let's do this. You feed with me, no matter how much you hate it. Even though you'll love it. And I'll take you around, and show you the boardwalk, and we can have some fun. Deal?" He stuck out his hand. I took it, and stood up. "Deal. But as long as we get to annoy David and Dwayne." "Well of course!!!"

Paul's bike slowed as we reached the beach. There was a surf nazi party with a big bonfire blazing. The sound of the people's hearts beating and their blood flowing pounded in my head. I felt my face start to form, when Paul stopped me. "One question. Why?" " Really? Why what?" "Why did you not feed for so long?" "Promise not to tell Dwayne?" "Promise." "My boyfriend, Douglas, who turned me. He- he- used to um-" Paul's body tensed up. "What did he do, Ruby?" "He used to beat me. When- whenever we'd go to feed, he'd beat me and tell me I didn't deserve to be alive because I was being greedy. And that I owed him my life and all that stuff." "Owed him your life? But you said he was your best friend?" "I lied. He found me on the streets. Everything went downhill after Dwayne dissapeared. So he took me in. Turned me. Said I was his mate, but I guess not." "Oh. Jeez. I'm sorry. We'l talk about this later so you can tell me everything. Let's feed, huh?" His voice was soft. We both morphed, and started to kill the innocent victims. H*ll, what am I saying? It was fun killing people and drinking their blood. When we were done, we headed back to the motorbike. As I was about to get on, he pulled me into a hug. "I'll never let anything bad happen to you again, babe. And I'll talk to you about it soon. Promise." "Thanks." I hugged him, smelling his hairspray. "Now let's go have some fun! Whoo!" he shouted.

David POV

 I had to give her the blood. I had no choice. If she doesn't get rid of Douglas's blood, he can find her easily. But if she has the scent of my blood, there's less risk of it. Marko's voice interrupted my intense concentration. "Hey I see them." He pointed to Paul and Ruby. They saw us and started to come our way. "Look at the lovebirds. So beautiful together," Marko said, grinning that smart-a** Chesire Cat smile of his. Ruby ran up to Marko and put her face up to his. "If you ever call us that again you'll regret it." "Love. Birds." Ruby pushed him down on the ground, and they started rolling around and wrestling with each other, drawing stares from the people around us. I was getting fed up with their antics. "Could you two cut it out and be serious for once?" I yelled. They stood up, laughing. "Dwayne mind if I borrow your siser for a while." "Why?" he asked. Paul patted her head and continued, "This poor child doesn't know how to have fun. Wanna help me show her some fun, Marko?" He never takes anything seriously. But Ruby needs some fun. Douglas and his gang are pure evil. And that's coming from me. Marko, Ruby, and Paul ran off. 

Ruby POV

We went on rides, ate junk food, played some games, and now were walking around, looking for something else to do. "I GOT IT!" Paul yelled, breaking my eardrums. "The best thing to end an awesome night is a concert! There's one going on right now! Lets go!" 

When we got there, the band was awesome. All three of us were banging our heads and singing along. Eventually, like all things, it ended. So we headed back to the bikes. "Hey guys?" I asked, hopping behind Paul on his motorcycle. "Yeah?" "What do David and Dwayne do when they're on their own? Do they have like secret meetings with themselves and pretend they're in their own cult or book club or something?" The boys burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing? I'm being dead serious! What do they do?" "To be honest we don't know. And we like to keep it that way, baby girl," Marko said. "Okay. Just wondering."

Just as we got back to the cave, which was still unoccupied by the mystical Dwayne and David, we all sat down to take a break from being so crazy all night. Paul was on the fountain. Marko was sitting near his pigeons. I was on the couch, in my brother's usual spot. It was silent. My eyelids started to get heavy. "Awwwww she's so cute." It was Marko. I flipped him off. "Oh yeah?" He asked. "Just for that you're sleeping in our room tonight." "Whyyyyyy?" I asked, exhausted. "Hey Marko she's exhausted from the blood switch. Let her be, man." "Aw come on! It'll be like a sleepover! In the day!" "Okay dude! Bring her to our room and I'll grab blankets and pillows." I felt Marko's arms wrap under my body and lift me up.  Oh my god. Are they seriously doing this? I thought to myself. "Yes. Yes we- are," Marko responded, trying to sound evil. "Oh so you like to snoop in my thoughts huh." "I like to call it exploring your mind."

Marko POV

We put blankets down and a couppla pillows. I gently laid down Ruby and covered her up. She's really sweet when she's sleeping. Paul and I watched her for a good amount of time. Then the other guys came back.

They looked angry, especially David. "Where the h*ll is Ruby?" David asked. "Sleeping in our room. Why?" "Douglas is in Santa Carla. And he's close to finding Ruby. We saw him," Dwayne said, looking more worried than angry. "Why is she in our area?" David asked, half whispering. "We were gonna have a sleepover man. But in the day." "Whatever," he grunted. "It's safer that way for her." Dwayne pointed out. "Did she feed at least?" David asked. "Oh yeah. We had a blast," Paul said. The boys headed to their room to have a sleepover with Ruby.

Little did they know, Douglas had detected his own scent on David and Dwayne at the boardwalk. And he knew it was Ruby. Now he would be looking for them again. And all h*ll could possibly break loose.