03.

It was rather late, and the entire March household was still. Even the attic was quiet, the restlessness of Jo's writing having ceased for the night. However one room remained lit, by the small flame of a candle perched in the window sill. For a girl who considered herself quite simple, her mind was a constant marathon. Running towards no destination only to loop back to the same things- it was especially daunting when the silent beauty of night fell. When the house laid still, with her body in the frame of her window - yet her mind wandered.

Often times recently it wandered to the abyss or the house across the way, and the boy who resided there. Sometimes there was no difference between them- the abyss and the house. And there was no particular reason as to why he occasionally occupied her thoughts. She had only met him the one time and their conversions were extremely brief, yet still he remained a familiar face in her mind. Perhaps it was the detailing on his clothes that night - that now have faded - or the way he spoke or seemed out of place even, but in a good way. There was a slight familiarly in his character that she couldn't quite understand, as he was a stranger and would likely always be. With a sigh that moved throughout, she blew the candle out curling into the mess of sheets.

"Lia! Wake up" the restlessness of Amy's voice rang through her half awake ears. The room was brighter than she remembered last, as the sun shone through the far window.

"W-what?" Aurelia croaked, rubbing eyes. She was met with the beaming face of her younger sister. Cheeks flushed with a faint shade of red, but not quite pink. She looked a bit crazed as Aurelias mind tried to catch up with her eyes.

"Come on bed hogger, it snowed!" Amy squealed, yanking the blankets and the older March out of bed and down the stairs. The front door was open, the cool breeze nipping away at any exposed skin. It became faint though, the numbness that was felt from the constant wind- when Aurelias eyes caught sight of sparkling hills of white - and how it decorated the trees with such elegancy.

The other March sisters were already up running through the white mess. "Lia du-" Beth tried, but it was too late. A snowball plunged the girl straight on, smacking her in the face. Ignoring the shiver it's contact ignited, the March girl ran after Jo who was laughing as she tried escaping her younger match.

"I say we make her into a snowman- Meg catch her!" Aurelia yelled, her words interrupted my inhales of laughter as she tackled both the eldest March's to the ground.

Throughout the fits of laughter and faces full of snow, the motherly nature erupted from none other than Meg March as she noted the bare ness of her younger sister.

"Lia, where's your coat? You'll catch a cold!" Megs eyes said it all, huffing the younger March threw one last piece of snow before walking back toward the open door.

"You're no fun Meg!" She called walking into the kitchen greeting a scurried Hannah. She was preoccupied with dough when Aurelia appeared from behind her.

"It's always a pleasure seeing you Ms Hannah" she greeted, a sheepish smile on her face.

Shaking her head Hannah taped her hand away from the pastries that sat on the counter.

"These are for your mothers trip to town Ms. Aurelia" A sigh fell from the girls lips as her hands rose in surrender, cheeks rosy from the cold. Aurelia headed up the stairs once more,  her socks leaving unknown foot trails through the house. On her way she grabbed the fallen blanket from the hall returning it to her bed. Changing out of the damp clothes rather quickly, she made sure to grab her coat on her way back down the stairs. As much as Megs lectures about responsibility and mannerisms intrigued the girl - not so much in the lectures themselves but how her sister had such profound beliefs in them. Nonetheless she preferred to avoid another one this morning. Her brain was still trying come to the conclusion that she was indeed awake.

As she approached the living space, it seemed all her siblings had gathered by the fire coming in from their outdoor fun. Coats were piled atop the far chair, boots scattered in the entry way of the door. The March girl smiled at them all huddled into each other, each so different from one another yet fit perfectly all the same. It was a beautiful balance.

In an attempt to gather them all in a hug she wrapped her arms around them giving them a slight shake. Amy squeaked trying to break free but was held in by Jo.

"Going for a walk Lia?" Beth asked, looking up at her. Hair glowing in the fires light.

Nodding she smiled "I'll be back before you can even miss me" Which earned a snicker from Jo.

"If we miss you.." ruffling the fiery girls hair Aurelia released her embrace on the girls.

"Of course we'll miss you Lia, be safe!" Meg called as Aurelia swung the green fabric around her shoulders heading out the door.

There was a small river stream in the woods near the house. The March girl found it to be a place of serenity, where ones mind can be completely blank yet also aware of its surroundings. It was also quite beautiful, especially in the fall when the ground is covered in orange and brown hues making it feel warm even with the autumns breeze. She liked the walks there - usually she would be accompanied by her sisters as they took the path into town. It was familiar yet with something new each day.

That was another thing about Aurelia March, she wanted to see the world- to see all the different buildings and structures of society. She wanted to take in everything, for what it was and could be. But that was a far off dream- as family comes first and right now traveling overseas was only ever seen as that, a far off dream.