Our normal

TK POV:

I have a major headache, I was kind of worried about my visit with the doctor. Besides the fact that she was openly flirting with me in front of my boyfriend , I had to get 2 x-rays done on Sunday and I'm scared of what they might find. I massage my temples as Carlos speaks

"Is she serious?" I don't respond right away the headache coming on to strong for me to speak at first.

"She's always like that, she acts like I'm not gay and like she didn't know you were my boyfriend. We should have made out in front of her , maybe then she'll get the idea." I said taking in slow deep breaths likes Michelle taught me the other day.

" I don't blame her , I would date you too if I was a woman." He winked at me and I just sent a small smile his way laughing.

"Funny I think Michelle told me the same thing about you." I smirked remembering what she whispered to me behind the truck.

*Flashback*

I leave helping the EMT's close the truck when Michelle pulls me behind it.

"What are you and Carlos?"

"Umm I don't really know right now."

"Why don't you know?"

"I think we're dating? But I don't really know." I said avoiding her eyes.

" But you want more, you're just scared?"

I nod my head " Don't break my best friend's heart Strand, or it's you vs me."

I stare at her in shock when we both hear Carlos calling Michelle and we walk opposite ways.

*Flashback ended*

We pull into his house when he asks me a question
"Go out or door dash?"

"Door dash" I said when I walked into the mud room taking my shoes off and putting my keys in the bowl.

He nods, unlocking his phone and giving it to me. I scroll through my options and decide on Village tavern. I get him the steak and potatoes with asparagus, and I get the gluten free chicken Alfredo. I press order and type in all of the card information, then I cashapp him the money, $42.55.

I walk to the door to get my wallet when his phone rings, he must still be in the bathroom. I don't think anything of it when I answer but I regret answering once I find out who is on the other end.

"Who is this?" I said quietly, moving away from the bathroom so he doesn't hear me.

"This is Tobias , is Carlos around?" Tobias? Why would someone named Tobias be calling him? I dig before answering his question.

"How do you know Carlos?" He pauses , like he was almost hesitating and I smirk, hes one of those commercial men. But how did he get Carlos's number?

"Childhood friend, we used to date when we were younger." I scoff , date my ass.

"How old are you?" I'm just having fun with him at this point , trying to play him at his own game.

"I'm 31, listen I don't mean to intrude but I really do need to talk to Carlos. Is he around?" I roll my eyes not believing this was actually happening. He thought I was stupid.

Out of nowhere I feel his presence behind me and before I know it he's grabbing the phone and putting it on speaker.

"He's here , anything you have to say to him you can say to me" He kisses my cheek and I feel fuzzy inside, I love him.

"Carlos, can we talk?" I look at him waiting for a response and when he doesn't give one I speak for him.

"He'll talk when he's ready, until then you have me. But he is in the room." I cross my arms across my chest thinking I made a mistake. Maybe this really is his childhood friend and I'm being an asshole to him right now. I lean into Carlos for comfort, trying to relax. I don't know any facts yet so what he says next blows my mind.