fourteen

We sit on John B's back porch waiting for Kie. It's going to be interesting when she shows up since John B brought Sarah Cameron with him. I'm the only one that knows what happened between the two and John B is a dick for bringing Sarah.

Kie storms through the door. "No effing way! You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

John B looks to Pope. Pope shrugs his shoulders. "I dunno."

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share," JJ tells John B.

John B looks at me. I don't say anything, I just give him a look letting him know I'm on Kie's side.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing," Kie argues.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope admits.

"Thank you," Kie says.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B asks.

Pope shrugs his shoulders. "I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him," JJ adds.

"That's cute, guys," John B taunts.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," Kie argues.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah yells.

"Then leave," Kie offers.

Sarah scoffs. "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie asks.

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch," Sarah states.

"Oh shit!" Pope says.

"When have I lied?" Sarah asks.

"My money's on Kie," JJ says.

"You get somebody close to you..." Kie starts.

"I didn't lie about shit," Sarah insists.

"Everybody shut up!" John B shouts. "Kie, you are my best friend, right?" John B looks at Sarah. "And Sarah, you're... you're my..."

"Say it," Sarah tells him.

"You're my girlfriend," John B states.

"Ohh... that's new," Pope remarks.

"She's your girlfriend now? What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose," Kie reminds him.

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asks.

"No," John B says.

"Yeah, you did," Pope states.

"You said those things," I remind him.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B tells us.

Kie looks away from him. "Oh, vomit."

"I didn't expect it. It just... it kind of happened. And I'm not gonna deny it. Right?" John B tells us.

"Oh! That's corny," Pope whispers.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out," Kie tells him.

"I'm not doing this. I can't!" John B insists.

"You are gonna decide. I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?" Kie asks.

"Both," John B answers.

JJ whistle. "Went for the Hail Mary."

"Noooo!" Pope remarks.