amidst the mist

The examiner began to run again.

This time though, Hisoka approached me first.

"My my... my stalker appears to just be a little girl. Mmm... how decadent."

"Haha... a little girl... sure."

"Hmm?"

"...nothing"

We continued to run in silence as voices in the background began to erupt in screams amidst the fog. The fog, in fact, was abnormally dense, allowing you to see only 2 feet in front of you.

Not that it mattered that much to me, I could clearly sense the examiner's aura.

As I ran, I felt Hisoka's bloodlust spike up beside me. Wow, he sure is coming on strongly.

Sometime later, he disappeared amidst the mist so I assumed he was doing his thing. I continued following the examiner, I'm not interested in bloodbaths.

---

I arrived at the location of the second phase shortly after and found Killua standing by a tree alone. I guess the rest of the gang got caught up. Oh well, they'll be fine as long as they don't run into Hisoka .(;^ω^)

I approached Killua with a smile.

"Hi, looks like we're one of the first few participants to get here."

"Umm-hmm sure does." He replied nonchalantly.

Looks like it's the waiting game again. I took a seat against the tree and pulled up my hoodie to take a nap.

My eyes fluttered shut and my head tilted to the side to rest against the tree trunk. I stayed alert but rested my mind and body.

I wasn't surprised to find a pair of light amber eyes staring right back at mine when I woke up.

"Hmm..." I stretched my arms upwards while maintaining eye contact with Hisoka.

"What a sight to wake up to." I smiled and cupped my face with my hands while cocking my head to the side.

------------

Hisoka's POV

How remarkable, she wasn't alarmed by me at all despite my bloodlust. She's even smiling and approaching me. This girl is entertaining.

I thought she was just crazy at first, not that I'm one to judge haha. But it seems like it'd be difficult to kill her, even if I tried.

I pulled back my bloodlust a little and walked away towards the next exam. Things are going to get a lot more interesting from here on out.

A/N - A short update haha, since I'm on break I'll try writing a little more :) Happy holidays, I hope everyone has a restful break!