CHAPTER THREE - LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Within a day Lorna was released from the Med Bay. Despite everything that had happened, the Avengers allowed her to walk free. Well semi free. JARVIS kept watch on her, his metaphorical eyes following her every move. In the past week, Lorna had tried to leave, only for the AI to send an Avenger or two to her location, stopping her. They told her it was for her protection, that anyone would want to get their hands on Magneto's daughter, just like HYDRA. All she wanted to do was find her siblings, find out if they were okay. But apparently that was to dangerous. On the plus side, the Avengers has promised to find the twins.

For the most part Lorna did like staying at the tower, the only thing she hated was that she was being forced into going to a party. A party hosted by the number one person on her revenge list, Tony Stark.

"How about this one?" Maria Hill asked Lorna as she held up a simple white dress. She and Natasha made it their mission to find something that Lorna would like. It was kind of funny, two badass agents helping a teenage girl get dressed for a party. Lorna once again shook her head no, getting an annoyed sigh out of Hill.

Natasha appeared behind Hill, holding a deep green short sleeve shirt with rifles at the ends and black leggings. "Perfect," Lorna told them before Natasha could ask how she felt about the outfit. Changing into it, Lorna could feel the soft material move across her skin. It was comforting and for the first time since arriving at the tower, she felt that the Avengers did care about her and that they didn't want to use as a weapon like HYDRA. They treated her like a human being. But with that all being said, it didn't stop Lorna from growing a small amount of resentment towards the whole group. In the one week that she'd been here, she had been watched and caged in the tower, making her feel like an animal. And on top of all that she missed her family. Her heart called out to them, hoping to see them again. "What do you think," Lorna asked as she stepped out of the bathroom.

"Cute," Natasha said in a monotoned voice, acting like she didn't care. "Ready to go?"

The loud blaring sounds of music and people talking flowed into Lorna's ears. Flinching ever so slightly, Lorna made her way through the crowd. She could feel the iron in their blood, and it called to her. Begging her to manipulate it. Taking in a deep breath, Lorna forced herself to forget about it and moved herself towards the bar.

"How did you get here so fast?" Lorna asked Maria once she got to the bar.

"That's a secret," Maria told her with a wink. "And there will be no alcohol for you."

Lorna pouted in disappointment, eyeing the drink in Maria's hands. She was about to reply before a certain someone joined the conversation, Tony Stark. Lorna glared at him for a second before excusing herself, not wanting to spend that much time around the man who caused her older siblings adoptive parents deaths. Before getting out of ear shot, Lorna faintly heard Stark ask, 'What's her problem?' Causing her blood to boil.

A little while later, Lorna found herself sitting at the very bar that Maria refused to let her get a drink from, listening to Natasha flirt with Banner. It was kind of funny, listening to the two talk to each other, Banner being a confused little bean and Natasha flirting like someone would do in the sixties. It was even funnier when Steve joined in after Natasha left, telling Banner to go for it and something about him seeing Natasha flirt up close.

Letting out a soft chuckle as Banner questioned his friend on what he meant about up close, Lorna let the doctor know she was listening. Banner raised a questioning eyebrow at the young mutant, almost like asking for her input. "Love is in the air," Lorna told him in a sing song voice.