nude | nine

NUDE | nine

A week's worth of stress temporarily evaporated from Anjee's mind as she allowed herself to be entertained by her client's storytime. Anjee usually took Sundays off but if she wasn't working, she would have to listen to Drea wail on about Desmond or Ozase complain about Neche's new-found issues with him. Now, don't get Anjee wrong, she didn't mind being a shoulder to lean on to the ones she loved, however, she was drowning in their depressive emotional tailspins and needed a moment to collect herself before she lost all sanity. Surprisingly, Drea was remaining strong on her decision to permanently leave Desmond, claiming that she could and would not continue to put herself through turmoil for a man that did nothing to deserve her love.

Anjee was all for the epiphany, wanting the best for her big sister. However, just because Drea now knew that Desmond was good-for-nothing, it didn't stop the heartache her sister felt over the loss of a long-term relationship with a man she had mapped out a future with; marriage, kids and family, the whole works. Drea's bedroom was currently submerged in snotty tissues, drawn curtains, and Usher's Confessions album on a continuous loop.

"So, I'm telling Didi there ain't no way she can go clubbing in a dress that short with no damn knickers on," Her client exclaimed as Anjee painted the cherry design onto her long acrylic nails while listening to the tale. "But she's insistent on it, right?"

Anjee nodded. "Right."

"So, this girl goes to the club, drops her phone, bends down and the dress flies up to her waist!"

Anjee's eyes bulged in disbelief. "No way!"

"Oh, yes way, girl," Her client, by the name of Tamika, shook her head. "Batty outta door, pumpum on display for everybody to see." She retold with a snort. "And then she wants to turn around and blame me for that fact she's just exposed herself!"

"Blame you?" Anjee repeated with a tut. "You told her not to do it."

"Exactly!" She cried. "But I feel bad for her still because some fool was recording the whole thing and posted it onto Twitter."

"Oop."

Anjee kept seeing every day how disrespectful people continued to be.

"Her boyfriend left her because he'd found the video on Pornhub." Anjee could just imagine the embarrassment the poor woman was going through. All because she wanted to go commando. "Oh wow, these look fabulous!" Tamika complimented in awe as Anjee finished painting her acrylics. All concern for this 'Didi' long forgotten. "You did that."

Anjee smiled. "You're too sweet." She murmured before switching on the nail dryer. "Let's put these under." she gently put the woman's hands underneath the blue LED UV light.

Anjee found great peace in her passion. She loved to see the looks of amazement, excitement, and sheer happiness from her clients because of her work. It was a euphoric feeling. Anjee wondered if Anubis felt the same way whenever he drew a portrait for someone.

"Girl, I'm gon' recommend you to all my girls!" Tamika promised, excitedly, as Anjee led her to the front door. "These bitches look like they've come straight outta Kylie Jenner's Instagram." she gushed with amazement as she held her hand up to the sun. Anjee chuckled at the woman's enthusiastic reaction before noticing Drea approaching with a Fish and Chip bag in her hand.