Fame (sun)

I took my stuff over last night, then passed out. I didn't even change just grabbed things for tomorrow, went over, and passed out. I didn't realize how draining that was.

Maiya was shocked to see me in the morning, but it turned out okay. I noticed she's been better at keeping eye contact with me.

"Has anyone reached out to you yet?"

"Haven't checked... I want to upload, but I don't want fame or all the other stuff."

"That plays in together, can't really help it, hun."

"You don't like music?" Maiya questions.

"Music makes me happy, I love music, but it's hard to do right now."

She seems to understand that, which makes me glad. I don't think she's ever seen anyone that stressed though she had a ball of stress for a brother. He hides it well.

--

"Alright, let's check."

I type in the password, the home page pops up. I go straight to my email, and surprisingly my inbox is full. When I was just starting, I created an email specifically for this, so people could contact me.

"What's this?" Deven sits next to me.

"An email address for people to contact me about my music, it's full."

"That's a good thing?"

"Not really. It's also a lot of people who like the music and aren't labels or other performers trying to contact me," I open the first email as a demonstration that a lot of them are like this. I read out the email. "I hope I'm talking to fallen Angel, if so... HI! I LOVE YOU! But really, thank you very much for the music." I stop reading. "See? I appreciate them, of course, but I have to go through all of these, find people who are actually trying to do something with me, and respond to them."

"Yeah, that's a lot," he pauses, watching as I scroll through them all. "Have you ever checked this while you went on the long break?"

"No, never. When I was doing it was a different story, I was always checking, trying to find someone to help me start my career in music, but it never happened. I'm pretty sure that, because I'm more popular now, I'm gonna get noticed."

"No doubt about it. It's always been a dream of mine; I just can't tell if that dream has altered."

"How so?"

"When I first started, all I wanted to do was to have people see me. I wanted someone to see what I could do. I dreamed of getting a label; I wanted so badly for someone to take me away from that household," I shut the laptop, falling back onto his shoulder. "I just wanted to leave. I figured if I could get a label, I could drop out of school and be happier. But now I have a support system, and I'm settling down. It's still a dream to travel and do what I love the most, but I don't think I can anymore."

"That's so dumb, Max. If you want to, then do it. I know you can, and so should you. Give me 3 good reasons why you cant travel doing what you love?"

"First of all, everyone would be here, and I would be miles upon miles away. I can't leave you guys here; I have to be with you. I still have school, and I can't just drop out whenever I want; that takes time. I can't till someone wants to start something with me."

"Okay, dropping out takes time, but we have time. Someone has reached out or is about to; I guarantee it. Also, maybe you wouldn't have to go alone. But, if that is the case, then we have these," Deven holds up his phone. "You are such an overthinker. If you want this, then do it; if you don't, then don't. You have time, babe. It'll be okay."

-

"Ya know I had planned on taking you out tonight, but because of the sudden fame, it's out of the question," Deven says. I hold a laugh.

"That's sweet," I close the laptop. I know when it's time to get off. "Thank you."

"Come help me cook?"

"I don't know if you want that. I'm a horrible cook."

"Doubtful."

"Last warning, I might poison you."

"I'll take that risk."

I laugh and grab his hand. May is in the kitchen, standing with ingredients on the island.

"Is May helping?" I ask her, letting go of Deven to stand with May.

"Yup!" She chirped. "Denny said so."

"Denny doesn't let you help, does he?" I look at him.

"No, because it's a hard job," he leans against the counter, then crosses his arms. "But I figured it'd be okay this once."

"We'll take it," I give May a hug, then look at the foods on the table.

"I know you like Mexican, you don't like fish or seafood, but how do you like Italian?"

-

We made Penne Pomodoro in the end, it was fantastic. It was fun cooking with them and watching how Deven can be light-hearted when it comes to his sister in the kitchen. From my understanding of him in the kitchen, that's his area, and he controls how it goes. That deminer drops when it comes to his sister.

May ate fast, then went to go color, but I think something up. Deven didn't seem concerned, so I decided it was okay. Instead, he and I sat back and talked even more.

"So, this is just a suggestion, but I think you should try pursuing music again. Think about it; you love it, you wanted it, you only stopped because your family didn't believe in you. 10 million people believe in you. You just need to grab the bull by the horns."

I smile, "That's cute. Thanks for the motivation. I've thought about that, but I can't just drop out so easily."

"who said anything about dropping out? Change your major to musical arts... That's an actual thing, right?"

I laugh, "There is an art major I can take. It involves music and photography and painting, etc... but the best I can get out of that is becoming a teacher for vocals or instruments."

"You don't want that?"

"I'd be happy with anything dealing with music, but I've just never considered it."

"I think you should. Of course, it's all up to you, but I think you'd be good at it."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You don't have to do what the world wants you to. What everyone wants you to be is a famous celebrity that goes on tours and sings for them. Just be you and do what you want to. I'll be here to support you. Okay?"

I grab his hand and nod, "thank you, Deven."

"Always, Max."