Ch. 8: A Hit and a Miss

A/n: congratulations to JL_Writes180 for winning my 100 followers on Wattpad contest. Kaizen Lasair will be making an appearance this chapter as promised. If you want a chance for your OC to appear in one of my books, I will be holding another one when I reach 200 followers, and so on and so forth until 1000. Until then, let's get on with the story
-Ada
***

It was during a cool, crisp night that gang leader Kaizen Lasair was shot. Not many stars could be seen due to the everlasting pollution, so the city lights took it upon themselves to be the stars instead. Dozens of street lights and lit up apartment windows brightened up the city in their artificial glow. The moon assisted too since it was almost full that night, giving Sirius the perfect amount of light he needed so that he could see his target but dim enough so no one could see him.

This particular job was only assigned to the sniper earlier that day as it was a much simpler one that didn't need much planning. Gangs were different then the mob. The former were small groups of men and occasionally women who acted tough and claimed that they owned parts of the city, fighting in turf wars and the like when two of these gangs disagreed with each other. But Sirius knew who truly controlled London, who really held the power. After all, he was supposed to inherit it.

The mob, otherwise known as the mafia, were families who helped build the very city they all ruin. They're disguised as renown members of society, upper class and wealthy, investors and lords. But behind all of that was the cruel truth, and the truth was that behind the fundraisers and the seasonal parties were rings for trafficking drugs and people. The investments these families make are more often than not a way to slowly take over the owner's business until it too becomes a part of their corrupt kingdoms.

But right now Sirius wasn't thinking about corrupt leaders or his awful family. In fact his job required little to no thinking at all. It was all instinct, feeling. Find the target, aim, and shoot. Don't think about who it is, don't think about who they're leaving behind. Don't think. This particular target was Kaizen Lasair, the leader of one of the bigger gangs called the Dragons. The Dragons were one of the rare exceptions when gangs were actually dangerous, and therefore had a target on their back, especially Lasair.

When Remus first received the offered contract to take out the gang leader, he did his usual routine of a background check to make sure the Marauders aren't tricked into murdering civilians. Sure enough, Lasair has been leading the Dragons ever since he murdered the previous leader and took her place. Knowing now that he was the furthest thing from innocent, Sirius was assigned to use his talents to permanently remove Lasair from London's streets.

Finding him wasn't too difficult. Using Remus' and Peter's knowledge of all gang hotspot's, Sirius found the Dragons' leader and the perfect spot to kill him by nightfall. He and a few of his members were smoking together in an alleyway between two shops. Lasiar had three defining features that made it easy to spot him out. His white hair, his yellow eyes, and the tattoo. All of them had it, a tattoo of a dragon that curled around their neck from the bottom up. It seemed like it's really hard to hide but Sirius had gotten his first tattoo before he was eighteen so he really wasn't one to judge on tattoo choices.

Across the street from the alleyway and the smokers, Sirius was positioned on the rooftop of some apartment complex, his sniper rifle in hand. Peering through his scope he locked onto his target and remembered the instructions his Uncle Alphard had taught him. Instructions he has used dozens and dozens of times. Breathe in, breathe out, fire.

Sirius was out of sight before Lasiar had even hit the ground. The bullet lodged itself straight into the gang leader's forehead, killing him instantly. His half finished cigarette fell to the floor, still lit. Only a small amount of blood came from the wound, all of it staining the graffitied wall behind. Once Lasiar's body hit the floor, his gang reacted. One screamed, one stood frozen in fear thinking they're next, the others looked among themselves, wondering what to do since they couldn't call the police.