02. Trust Me

TWO TRUST ME

TWO TRUST ME

◥✥◤

BAU HEADQUARTERS
Three days later.

     "Spence?" Emily Prentiss spoke as she looked over at her colleague's desk where his leg was bouncing up and down frantically as he clutched a letter in his hands. "You okay over there?"

"Yes, perfectly fine," he spoke in a calm voice, but by his body language it was clear the opposite was true. Something in that letter was setting him off. "Uh, do we have a case? Something we could be doing?"

The conversation seemed to capture the attention of another colleague, Derek Morgan who peeked over the divider between their desks, saying, "Kid, clearly something's wrong. You're shaking like you've been out in the rain all night. What's in that letter?"

Spencer Reid's knuckles were white with the way he gripped the paper. It seemed like he was a moments away from ripping it into pieces. With a sigh, the man forced himself to relax as he began to explain. "My friend wrote me. My friend's niece, actually."

"You have friends?" Morgan asked with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood, "Besides us, I mean."

Spencer brushed this off with a serious look, causing Morgan to back off and realize that this clearly wasn't a joking matter. "He's been arrested for murder. The niece, Tensley, she's convinced he didn't do it. Theodore Baldwin. We grew up together, known each other since we were kids."

"Do you think he could have actually done it?" Emily asked, her voice serious as she eyed the letter.

Immediately, the man shook his head, "If he did, then I shouldn't be a profiler because that is something I never would have counted on. I need to find out more about this. I'm going to see Garcia."

Spencer stood abrubtly from his desk, the letter still in his hand as the paper wrinkled with how tightly he was holding. The other two agents stood as well, chasing Spencer out of the office as he raced to the elevator with a furvor that was not unusual for him. The three stood in the elevator as they headed down to Garcia's office, unsure of what Spencer had in mind. He seemed to not care that the other two were with him, but he wasn't going to wait for them as he stormed into Garcia's office.

"Garcia, I need you to pull up anything you can on a Theodore Baldwin, it's for a personal thing," Spencer instructed as he scared the girl who was just trying to eat a croissant she must have picked up on her way to work.

"Spencer when have you ever used me to look up something for you personally?" Garcia asked, but got to work regardless, "Um, okay, went to high school in... Las Vegas, Nevada. Isn't this where you went to school, Spence?"