04. I Promise

FOUR I PROMISE

FOUR I PROMISE

◥✥◤

WINTER PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT
Later That Day.

     "Detective Holder, I'm Dr. Spencer Reid here with the BAU, I believe you met the rest of my team earlier," Spencer greeted the gruff looking man who looked generally dismayed at them being there. "I'm here with the niece of the suspect, Tensley."

"Nice to meet you, young lady," the man said to Tensley, his voice more patronizing than Tensley would have liked, before turning to Spencer, "Listen, I said this to your supervisor as well, but if I had my say, you wouldn't be here. We've got our guy and this little girl here and nothing your team will do is going to change that."

"I'm almost sixteen, don't be gross," the girl spoke up before Spencer could say anything, a grimace on her face. She refused to hide behind Spencer as she stood strong and straight next to him, doing her best to seen mature even though she looked impossibly small standing next to Spencer who towered over everyone. It didn't help that she was barely above 5'3." Turning to Spencer, she said, "I wanna see my uncle."

"Don't get ahead of yourself," Detective Holder gruffed, "We're not letting him see anyone until you guys give us a good reason to not drag him to prison right now."

Spencer didn't look phased as he simply asked, "Now that the charges have been lifted for the sake of the investigation, how much longer can you hold him? Just curious. I think it may be... forty-eight more hours? Tensley, you don't have to worry about seeing Ted— Theodore."

"That's what I thought," the girl gloated with a small smirk as Spencer pushed past the detective to meet up with his team in a conference room. Tensley tried to go in with him, but he held her back. "Dude!"

"Please wait out here while I meet with my team. There's going to be grisly photos and gross crime scene talk and you're a child, so stay," Spencer instructed and the girl huffed before taking a seat. The man smiled at her before entering. Immediately, all the heads in the room turned to him. "Sorry, I'm late."

Aaron Hotchner only raised an eyebrow, asking, "You've got the niece?"

Spencer nodded, "Tensley, yes, she's here. What do we have so far?"

"We're a few days out on a toxicology report on the victim," Emily Prentiss explained, tossing him a file, "Here's everything we know so far about both Jameson and Theodore--"

"Along with a suspiciously condemning statement from the wife," JJ added on, taking a sip of her coffee, "Derek and I are going to go speak to her later."