$4.00

FOUR| RULES

James was trying, she really was

James was trying, she really was. She had tried not to have a repeat of last year. She was not going to become some dumb rich girl stereotype. So she made it her goal to be anything but it and made the effort to try harder.

James would wake up at least 20 min earlier for school each day to make sure she didn't miss the subway.

She stayed after class for tutoring and had been spending her free time at the library.

She joined a couple of after school activities like cheerleading and took ballet on the weekends.

But when she woke up late this morning she knew to expect the worst. Detention. James was no stranger to detention as she often got them at her old school.

James sighed knowing that her parents would be receiving therefore furthering their disappointment in her. But there was nothing to do but to get dressed quickly and rush to the subway station.

Of course the one day she was in a hurry it felt as if everything and everyone were moving in slow motion. She finally arrived and ran through the halls of John Quincy Adams where she then reached her homeroom.

She had slowly opened the door to her class and noticed her teacher was in the middle of a lecture. "Nice to see you finally joined us Ms. Minkus" the teacher said sarcastically.

James quietly walked to her desk and was greeted with a detention slip on her desk. James quietly sighed as she took out her textbook. She knew it was going to be a long day.