Leo's Jam

I don't own anything but Maddie Davenport and my ideas.

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Maddie sat at the kitchen counter as she watched Tasha pack a lunchbox for the five year old who continued to pout.

"Why do I have to go to school?" The small child slightly whined, "They'll make fun of me if, no, when I glitch."

As if on cue, her body pixelated and glitched somewhat.

Tasha smiled in a motherly way and moved around the counter and assured, "You'll be okay, sweetie, and they will love you. This will be good for you. You'll get to meet friends your own age."

Maddie was still unsure, glitching some more.

At home, here was her safe place. At school, she wouldn't know anyone at all.

The five year old sighed but nodded, "Okay."

Tasha kissed the top of the girl's head and helped her slide the straps of her backpack over her shoulders.

Maddie glitched, pixelating some more, before she took a deep breath and followed behind Tasha over to the door.

Donald moved downstairs and noticed the two, settling his gaze on the small girl, "Ready for your big day?"

Maddie shook her head, and said, "Nope, far from it, baby."

The said inventor smiled and knelt in front of her, saying, "You got this, Mads. If your brothers and sister can control their bionics, so can you. You're strong and capable, kiddo."

Maddie took another deep breath and replied, "I-I got this."

Donald smiled, moved an arm around her shoulders, as the three of them left out of the house.

••••

Maddie walked inside of her kindergarten class and placed her backpack inside of her own cubby.

She had already told Tasha and Davenport goodbye.

She noticed a group of girls playing a game together and stepped over to them, "Hi! I-I'm Maddie-"

"Get lost," Veronica, a raven haired five year old girl remarked, folding her small arms across her chest to make a point of being the boss.

Maddie's body unconsciously glitched somewhat as she glanced down at the floor.

"What- You just... glitched!" Veronica started with narrowed eyes, "Freak."

The black haired girl shoved past Maddie, making her glitch some more.

This is gonna be a long day, Maddie anxiously thought, taking her seat at the back table.

••••

"Watch out, guys, that's the Glitch," Veronica smirked as she and her group of girls approached Maddie on the playground during recess.

Maddie sighed, "I'm not a glitch, Veronica. Just got pixelexia, okay?"

The black haired girl rolled her eyes, and said, "Whatever. Still a dork."