Drone Alone

I don't own anything but Maddie Davenport and my ideas.

🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Tasha grinned as she thought about hers and her husband's trip they were leaving on, "I have never been to Australia before."

"Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!" Eddy chimed in.

Maddie ran up to the two parents and clung to Donald's leg, saying, "Don't leave me. Take me, too."

Davenport sighed and picked her up and now held her in his arms assuringly, and said, "We'll be back, Mads."

The five year old shook her head quickly and held onto him tighter, "No. Please."

Davenport furrowed his eyebrows at her worry and looked her in her hazel eyes, "What's wrong?"

Maddie moved a thumb in her mouth and simply looked at him in a pleading way, giving her best puppy dog look.

He glanced behind him at his wife who watched the interaction as she took the small child into her own arms. "A little separation anxiety happens to kids her age all the time. Leo went through this, too."

Tasha added towards the five year old, "You're going to be okay here with your siblings who will look out for you. It's just for the weekend. We will be back. Okay?"

Maddie held onto her tighter and shook her head in protest before Donald chimed in, "If you let us go, we'll bring you back a whole bag of candy. Deal?"

Maddie let go at that and glitched out of her arms and onto the floor, excited. "Deal!"

Tasha chuckled and added towards her husband, "Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?"

"Honey, we're taking my fully automated private jet," Davenport chuckled not understanding why they would get a public plane. "Plane tickets. Why don't we just slap on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there?"

Tasha and Leo celebrated between themselves over the private jet.

"Plus, this jet is only assessable with the right password and no one would ever be able to guess that."

"I am awesome," All five kids responded to the man, already figuring out his password, which had him raise his eyebrows wondering how they all knew that.

"All one word," Maddie added, thinking back to how many times she put in his password to access some of the television channels.

"You mock our intelligence," Chase shook his head as he glanced up at Davenport.

"Well... time to come up with a new password for the jet." Davenport began and faced his stepson, "But, Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay at home without us."