Sunshine

Evans P.O.V.

Anytime I'm around Emma she is complaining or uninterested in me. I have become to dislike her so much but yet I stay because I miss how she used to be- how we used to be. When we first started dating she was full of life and adventure. In fact, she even wanted to go out and not drink or do drugs, but now all she wants to do is be drunk and high. It makes me feel as if I make her life so horrible that she has to be in a different state of mind just to tolerate me. Also, none of her activities even remotely interest me so I usually stay home because most of my friends stopped talking to me when Emma became wild and I've lost many friends since the move from Manhattan to LA.

However, I still try to please Emma because I know couples run through hard times and I don't know if there's anyone else who would date me because, according to Emma, I'm damaged.

Anyways, today on my way home from signing up for auditions I bought coffee for the both of us, but when I arrived she actually started crying about the coffee I bought her. I believe all the acting has got to her head because she's more dramatic than ever, but apparently it wasn't the right taste.

I'm not sure what that means but of course, I have to go out and buy her a new coffee or she'll ignore me for a week. However I don't mind because I do enjoy car rides alone so I can listen to music and ponder about my life, but of course she insists on tagging along. Sometimes I truly believe she doesn't want me to enjoy life unless it's with her.

So as we slide into my Ford Fusion, which Emma hates because it's not a Ferrari or something equally expensive. I connect my phone from the Bluetooth but as soon as a My Chemical Romance song blares through the speakers Emma yanks my phone from my lap and disconnects it to play her excuse for music.

The first song she plays is by French Montana and it's truly awful. She groans 'han' several times and does weird hand movements but I ignore her and hum along to Helena by My Chemical Romance.

I'm not entirely sure where I'm headed to but I do want to be out as long as possible because home with Emma is when she acts the worst. So I continue on Main Street and look for the perfect coffee shop but am disturbed by a cute girl walking alone. I watch at a red light as she strolls along the sidewalk with headphones plugged in and singing along to her music.

I know it's creepy but I decide to follow her and hope I can catch her to find out her name. Two minutes later she walks into a coffee shop and I immediately pull over. Luckily, Emma has been too busy raping to notice my true intentions. She takes a SnapChat video and shoves the camera in my face. Then she pulls me into a sloppy kiss and documents the entire thing. She watches the video several times then posts it to her story.

I stare at into the store and spot the girl at the counter so I decide to tell Emma the plan. "Emma," I mumble but then remember she most likely cannot hear me through the garbage penetrating our ears. She continues raping and taking pictures of herself. "Emma," I yell to grab her attention and she glares at me and twitches her lips. I lower the volume and clear my throat. "I heard good reviews about this place. I'm gonna go in get you a cappuccino. Anything else?" I ask but don't really care what she says. All I can think about is the perfect way to speak to the mystery woman. She's so beautiful and she seems to be the exact opposite of Emma, which is exactly what I need. On the way to this coffee shop I noticed her dancing and twirling around- she seemed so bubbly and intriguing.

"Evan did you hear me?" Emma whines and pulls me from my thoughts. I widen my eyes and nod my head. "I said I want a cupcake. A red velvet cupcake with pink cream cheese icing. It has to be pink. I need to take a picture!" She drags her voice and changes her pitch to indicate it's a life or death.

I sigh but nod my head. That wouldn't even look attractive "Okay Em. Just wait here, I don't want to turn off the car," I insist so she doesn't come inside.