Confessions

"Hey! We're the Magcon boys!" Nash says. I snap out of my daze and force a smile.

"It's nice to meet you all. Please, come on in." I say and they all walk past me. I try not to flinch as they pass but I can't help it; they bullied me for 3 straight years.

"Hey, you ok?" Gilinsky asks and lays a hand on my shoulder. I flinch harder and he hugs me. I nearly start crying but I manage to hold it in.

"I'm fine." I say and smile. He smiles too and walks away. I let out a relieved breath and I start walking after him.

The doorbell rings again and I gladly go answer it.

"Danie!" The O2L boys all yell. I laugh.

"Hey guys! Kian, JC, Sam, Ricky, Connor, Trevor." I say each name as I hug that boy. Once they're all in, we head to the dining room.

After all the food is handed out, we sit at the table. Going clockwise, the order is JC, Hayes, Ricky, Aaron, Sam, Taylor, Connor, Danielle, Nash, Kian, Cameron, me, Shawn, Trevor, Matthew, Johnson, Gilinsky, and Carter.

"So Danie, tell us about yourself!" Cameron says and nudges my shoulder. I flinch again and he gives me a funny look. I gather all the courage I have in me and look at him.

"Alright. My name's Danielle Wise, I'm 16 years old, and you and the rest of your friends bullied the shit out of me 2 years ago. Your turn." I say coldly and get up. All the Magcon boys stare at me absolutely shocked. "That's right, bitches. It's me."

I run upstairs and immediately wash my face and put my hair in a messy bun. I change into an oversized LTCC (Lake Tahoe Community College) t-shirt with spandex and fuzzy socks. I flop on my bed with my head in a pillow. There's a knock on my door and I expect it to be Danielle so I tell them it's open; I was wrong.

"Danie, please let me explain..." Cameron says. I stare at the wall in front of me and don't respond. "Please?"

"Fine." I say curtly. He smiles and sits on my bed.

"Let me start off with I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry we did that to you. I have no explanation why we did it but it was a giant mistake. There's nothing I can do or say that can reverse the past, but I beg that you'll let me fix the future." He says and grabs my hands. I turn away and try to leave but he does something surprising; he hugs me.

"I... I don't know." I say and he lets go, but still holds my hands.

"What's holding you back?" He asks sincerely.

"3 years Cameron... For 3 years you and everyone else ruined my life. I was physically and emotionally scarred forever... I can't forgive you that easily." I say looking down. He lifts my chin and makes me look him in the eye.

"I understand and I don't blame you. But can we please at least become... Friends?" He asks. I think for a while and smile.

"Ok." I say and he smiles really big. He hugs me and I slowly hug back.

"We should probably go back down now." He says and lets go. He gets up and starts to leave but I clear my throat. "What's wrong?"

"Look at what I'm wearing." I say and giggle. He looks me up and down and thinks.

"Well I like it... But I'd rather the others don't see you in it." He says and winks. I blush.

"Well what do I wear?" I ask. He searches through my closet and finds a surprisingly cute outfit; a white polo with black polka dots, a leather skater skirt, and short black peep-toe wedges. I put my hair down but left my face makeup-free.

"Now then, let's go back down there." Cameron said and held the door open for me.

"Thanks Cameron." I say and start walking down the stairs.

"Call me Cam." He says. I smile. Maybe forgiving them would be easier than I thought.