The Choosing

Danielle's POV

"Well that was awkward." I whisper to Jack. He laughs quietly.

"Agreed." He say and I check my phone for messages. "Hey uh... Danielle?" I turn to look at him. "Would you maybe want to... Um, go on a... Date sometime?" I smile.

"I thought you'd never ask." I say and hug him. He kisses my cheek and I blush as dark as a tomato. This is so awesome!!

Danie's POV

I'm sitting on the couch, talking to Kian, when Shawn and Cam walk up to me.

"We need to talk." Cam says. I nod and get up. They lead me to the backyard and I face them both.

"What's up?" I ask.

"You need to choose." Cam says simply. I look at him confused.

"Choose what?" I ask. Shawn sighs.

"Choose... Between us." He says quietly. I look back and forth between them, shocked.

"Are you serious? You're making me choose?" I ask and Cam nods. I groan. "This is ridiculous!"

"I'm sorry but you can't date both of us..." Shawn says. I shake my head.

"At this rate, I'll date neither of you!" I say and they both look down. I sigh. "Tell ya what, I'll let both of you have one date with me each... Maybe then I can make a choice." I say. They agree.

"Thank you." Shawn says and walks back inside. Cam kisses my cheek and follows Shawn. I rub my temples soothingly. Why are all boys so difficult!?

1 hour before date w/ Cam

For this, he said to wear something formal but comfortable. I decide on my coral, sweetheart neckline, mid thigh dress covered by a thick gray cardigan with white wedges and I set it aside. I hop in the shower quickly without getting my hair wet and hop back out within 20 minutes. I straighten my dark brown hair and apply minimal makeup, consisting of mascara, eyeliner, and Chapstick. By now, there's 10 minutes before Cam should be here so I go to Danielle's room.

"Whatcha doin?" I ask her.

"Texting." She says and blushes. I squeal and jump on her bed.

"Is it Jaaaack??" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Maaaybe." She says and I jump off her bed.

"I KNEW IT!! HE ASKED YOU OUT DIDNT HE?!" I yell and she laughs, nodding. "CAAAAAALLED IIIIIIIT!"

The doorbell rings so I run downstairs and open the door. Cam's standing there leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey Cam!" I say and hug him.

"Hey beautiful! Ready to go?" He asks and kisses my cheek. I nod and we head out the door.

At the destination

Cam refused to tell me where we were going so once we arrive at Sizzlers, I squeal.

"THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!" I say and he laughs.

"Good." He says and we walk in.

After dinner

"Cam that was delicious!" I say as we walk out. He slings an arm over my shoulder.

"It was, wasn't it?" He say and I laugh. We left to go home and once we got there, I say Danielle and Jack making out on the couch.

"I think I'm just gonna go now." I whisper to Cam and hug him. He kisses my cheek and we go opposite ways. Today was great... I wonder what Shawn's got planned...

Next day, 2 hours before date
Text convo between Shawn and Danie

To Music Man Mendes: what do I wear for tonite?

To Beauty Princess: somethin casual but cute (like u)

To Music Man Mendes: otay! See u in a bit!

To Beauty Princess: see u then;)

I have an hour and a half to get ready for tonight's date. I decide on a pair of black leggings with a simple gray sweater (since it's November in LA it's cold, even though most people think it's always warm and sunny here) with brown combat boots and bright pink fuzzy socks. I take a shower first and wash my hair. I get out and decide to leave my hair mostly natural, but I spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curl styling spray in it to calm it down and make it silkier. By now, I have 10 minutes till Shawn gets here, so I go on Twitter.

@BeautyPrincessXO: bout to go out with someone special... Wish me luck!

I post it and start getting comments immediately, such as;

@danielleisqueen: WHOOO??
@beautyblogger123: OMG is it an O2L boy??
@magconer4life: IS IT A MAGCON BOY?!?!

I giggle and keep scrolling. One reply catches my eye.

@ShawnMendes: babe I'm at the door. Hurry it's cold!

Great going Shawn! Just tell the whole world we're going out. I walk to the front door and open it.

"Hey Princess! Ready to go?" He asks. I cross my arms and look at him while trying (and failing) to not smirk. "What?"

"You just told the whole Twitter community that we're going on a date..." I say and he nods.

"Yes I did. And?" He says. I pause for a minute and then, it all clicks.

"Shawn Mendes! You did this to make Cameron jealous!" I say and poke his chest. He grins and shrugs.

"Maybe... Let's go." He says and I roll my eyes. I hook my arm in his and we're off.

We pull up in front of John's Incredible Pizza and I laugh.

"Really Shawn?" I ask still laughing. He smiles cheekily and opens my door for me. We get out and go inside.

Many arcade games and pizza slices later

"This was so much fun Shawn." I say and hug the teddy bear he won me. He wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'm glad you liked it. It was fun for me too." He says and kisses my head. I smile. God, this'll be a hard decision... But I think I know.

Next morning
Group text w/ Shawn, Cam, and Danie

Danie: guys... I think I hav my answer

Shawn and Cam: yes?

Danie: I choose...

Danie: Shawn.