C H A P T E R 5 4

Alright, let's wrap this up. As always, I don't edit annnd this is pretty trash ngl.

A soft whine woke me up, my ears already trained for the smallest disturbance of peace.

I was going to sit up for a stretch when I remembered I had a passenger; said passenger lifting her head a little before plopping it back down.

An automatic smile graced my face as I cupped her head, sitting up before cradling her in one arm; my other extending out as I did my morning stretch.

"Morning, Mini Angel." Her eyes stayed closed even though we both knew she was already awake. I rolled my eyes, sighing, "Just like your Mommy."

Dramatic.

Holding her in one arm, I carefully stalked into the bathroom; expertly brushing my teeth while making silly noises at the baby.

She wasn't giving me the time of the day though, keeping her eyes shut and just listening.

After making sure my breath was minty fresh, I walked over to her crib; sitting her on the changing table as softly as I could.

For some reason, the child didn't like being cleaned up; so the moment her back touched the firm memory foam, she started crying.

"You gotta get clean, Baby Z." Loosening her diaper, I exhaled in relief when it was just pee. "Your Mommy would kill me if I let you get a rash."

The newborn gave no fucks, still crying as I reached down to get the wipes.

Alright, let's try something else since you can't be reasoned with.

I started to sing, absently serenading my daughter with random lyrics that came to mind. "Sometimes~ These walls seem to cave in on me. But when I look in your eyes~ I feel alive~"

The baby smiled, her cheeks raising as she started to coo; her diaper changing completely forgotten.

"Oooooweeeee!" I whistled, hyping up my daughter as I taped the new diaper onto her bottom. "Got some pipes! Putting you on a song tomorrow."

She continued to coo as I picked her up, kissing the top of her head as I carefully cradled her.

"Let's get you some clothes on, mamas."

My baby girl surprisingly didn't give me any fuss as I slipped the tiny clothing on her body. Using the baby brush to give her a swoop, I slid the headband on her big ass head as an outfit finisher.

"Ooooo~" I grinned, "My Mini Angel is so gorgeous! I have to take a picture and brag to Mommy."

@Underline: Look at Daddy's Little Angel👼🏽🥺

@undermyline: what the fuck type of perfect family is this?

@lineunder: I don't even like kids but...my ovaries may be whispering to me.