Chapter 7: Birthday

(Y/n) POV

I woke up with a start, a cold yet hot feeling covering my body. I had another prophetic dream. Although I didn't like what I saw at all, if anything it caused extreme worry to consume my heart, as well as grief. It left me with many unanswered questions and a searing pain in my chest. I saw Bella, shut away in her room for months at a time, slowly wasting away over the course of a few months. Struggling to eat and sleep, screaming in pure agony from the lack of someone's presence. It was painfully obvious to me what was going to happen to cause this. I just hoped that it wouldn't happen today.

I quickly noticed a pair of arms wrapping around me from behind and holding me close. Jasper had been staying over at night since we got together, he'd help me when I couldn't sleep, and he'd be there whenever I had one of these dreams. "What's wrong love? What happened this time?" He asked me concerned, feeling the ache and worry I felt. I heaved a sigh of worry and tried to clear the lump in my throat.

"You guys are going to leave soon. I don't know when exactly but you will. I saw Bella... she was... withering away... over the time of a few months perhaps? She was in so much pain and emotional turmoil. The only explanation is you all leaving. I shouldn't think Ed would just go off on his own." I explained to him and he knew how scared this made me, because if everyone went, that meant him too. He sighed and kissed the top of my head.

"If we do go, it will be impossible for me to keep away for too long. I know you'll want to stay to be here for Bella. If we do leave, I'll come back regularly to see you. One thing about vampire mates is, once they find one another, they can't be apart from each other for more than a few weeks otherwise they slowly start to go insane. Don't worry, you're not going to loose me. I promise." He said as he turned me around and gave me a loving kiss.

"If you say so major." I said to him and he laughed. I then turned and realised the time. "You should probably go now, I need to get up and get Bella's present ready. It's our birthday today remember?" I said to him and he chuckled.

"I definitely remembered, I'll be giving you your presents from me later. Alice is planning a party for you both." This made me sigh and roll my eyes.

"Of course she is, Bella is going to hate that you know. Especially right now. She hates anything and everything to do with age and getting older." I explained.

"Yeah but you know Alice." He said before giving me a soft peck on the cheek and dashing away. I then got dressed in some dark grey jeans, with a baggy cream off the shoulder jumper, and some black converse. I then grabbed Bella's present from under my bed, I had made her a necklace with a mini dream catcher on it, with a wolf tooth, some quartz beads, and a few small white feathers. I had put it in a simple purple box with a bow, knowing how badly she struggles with wrapping paper. I then left my room to find dad about to go into Bella's room.

"Happy birthday kiddo!" Dad says as he hugs me.

"Thanks dad. Shall we get Bella?" I say as we open the door to her room.

"Happy birthday, Bells." We both say at the same time smiling at her. We then walked up to her bed and offered her our gifts and Dad offered me mine. I had two, one was wrapped in (f/c) wrapping paper and the other was in a white bag.

"Dad, we agreed, no gifts." Bella complained to dad making us both chuckle.

"At least mine's not wrapped." He said in response as he hands it to her. It's a digital camera with a bow stuck to the top. Bella looks very pleased, despite herself.

"Okay, this is actually kind of great. Thanks, Dad."

"Goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated - well, she coordinated me." He said chuckling a little and rubbing the back of his neck. Bella opens the wrapped gift to reveal a scrapbook similar to one that mum had given me a few years back for all my pictures from Forks.