3. Of paintings and chocolates

It was morning now and Ishigami had finished walking upstairs, almost reaching the student council room when he heard Chika's cheery voice not too far behind him.

"Hey, Ishigami-kun!"

Yu turned around, pulling down his earphones; which he had been listening to music with. "Fujiwara..." he started blankly, but then his face furrowed into a half-irritated frown.

"Do you know how hard it was figuring out what to do with you after you fell asleep?" he nagged her like she was a little child.

He had to stay by her side until she woke up, not that he really was complaining – he realized – but it was hard to explain why he arrived home so late to his parents, and his older brother was still teasing him over it.

"No matter how much I tried, you wouldn't wake up... for three hours." Though, he thought secretly, she looked incredibly cute while sleeping– and he couldn't believe the thought even crossed his mind.

Chika only gave out a nervous chuckle; she honestly didn't know why she fell asleep like that, either. On Ishigami's shoulder, of all places...

She didn't want to admit it, but she was quite embarrassed (her blushing proved it), yet at the same time there was some kind of pleasant fluttering inside her stomach when she thought about it.

"Sorry..." she apologized begrudgingly, but then nudged his arm playfully as she passed by him. "But you had fun yesterday! Admit it!" She laughed seeing his baffled expression.

Ishigami paused and looked away, a nearly unnoticeable blush on his face. He started walking again, now passing by her. "Kind of... Yeah," he confessed, rubbing the back of his head with clear embarrassment.

Chika was glad to see he wasn't sulking anymore, and grinned wide.

This caused him to look at her and smile, too.

"Now you owe me a round of tabletop gaming!" she exclaimed excitedly, balling up her fists in front of her.

Ishigami feigned annoyance, but a part of him was actually looking forward to it. "I guess I do..." His smile didn't waver as the two walked into the student council together.

-----

"Oops..." Chika laughed slightly as she rubbed the back of her head. She had accidentally dropped a thick stack of school papers she was going to give to Kaguya.

Kaguya sighed deeply, walking towards her. "Be more careful, Fujiwara-san..." She leaned in close enough to whisper in her ear. "I know you like Ishigami now, but please don't get distracted by it."

Chika immediately flared up– both in anger and embarrassment. She really didn't appreciate Kaguya's way of "teasing" people. "I- I don't like him, Kaguya–!"

"Are you still lying to yourself...?" Shinomiya questioned as stared at the girl of pastel pink locks in frustration.

Chika glanced away silently. Even she admits it's useless at this point.

Kaguya then lowered down a bit, picking some of the loose-leafs scattered on the floor. "I can help you if you want..." she suggested, but Chika stopped her with a wave of her hand.

Fujiwara leaned down to clean the mess by herself. "It's alright, Kaguya... You don't have to."

Then Yu's voice, apparently "indifferent," rang through her ears. "Oi, I'll help you with that." He crouched down next to her, like last time, and helped her organize the paperwork.

Chika was surprised, and her sky blue eyes widened slightly. "...Okay." She couldn't help her small smile. "Thanks, Ishigami-kun."

Ishigami smiled back. "It's fine, Fujiwara-senpai," he told her without an ounce of worry.