CHAPTER 4 ✨ LOVE IS NOT EASY TO FIND

Clarisse's POV

One fair day in this cold season, the frigidity in the air shakes my body. I tried to run into my favourite coffee shop 'Dream Delight Cafe', even though my body was so tight that they can't move easily. I opened the door along with the sounds of the door chimes on it. The warm air in the shop treated me like a VIP, it welcomed me with a coffee aroma, mixing the smell of chocolate and cakes. The smell is so sweet as if I was like having a honey bath.

The smell was circulating in the shop because the coffee bar is located in front of the entrance. There were different types of delights like Blueberry Cheesecake, loaves, and cookies which are tidily placed on the transparent glass cabinet, lining up and waiting for me to eat them all. Up above near the ceiling of the coffee bar, there were different kinds of coffee beans packed in white bags. The whole setting of it allows customers to look at everything they could choose. It was an open kitchen style bar. Baristas were great with clean and ironed uniforms, smiling white teeth, and fluent welcome speech.

There are vintage photographs placed around the wall of the shop, allowing coffee tasters to admire the photo-taking techniques, as they reminisce about their past. The dim lights on the nine feet ceiling were bright enough to shine on the chestnut-colored furniture. It still looks the same like before, I can't believe it's been a year already. Everyone seems to be living well while having some chit-chats.

While some people like reading magazines and newspapers in the coffee shop, but I enjoy sitting quietly on the soft sofa, as I listen to my favourite playlist while reading a book and waiting for Lynx. Although some whirring and sounds of coffee machine interrupted me timely, I still love this place so much whenever I feel stressed.

I checked my phone for the nth time to check out if Lynx messaged me already. We actually planned to meet here at DDC but as usual, she's being late again. Good thing, I've been waiting for her together with my fine book, and coffee. I tasted my coffee and savored the warmth of it. The smooth steamed milk surfed in my mouth and the drink tasted very dense and creamy.

"Hey, Clarisse. I'm really sorry, I'm late." She slightly grimaced at me when she saw my bored expression.

"You know what's the feeling of being bored while waiting, right?" I asked her with a blank emotion but I was just messing with her.

"Yeah, I do. That's why I'm sorry. My boyfriend doesn't want me to go yet, that's why it took me a while." She reasoned out.

I showed her my shocked face, "Oh gosh! For real?! Let me wake you up in your such great dream, you don't have a boyfriend, Lynx." I chortled as I told her jokingly. Lynx has a boyfriend and they have been together for about 4 months and still going. I once met her boyfriend for a while when they were strolling at the mall.

"Geez! I know, Clarisse. He's my imaginary boyfriend for now but I'll surely meet him in the future, you'll see." She proudly told me as she continues the craziness we're both doing.

"Fine, fine. Trevor and I will be here to support you when you found your so-called imaginary future boyfriend." I shortly shook my head when I saw her smiled widely.

"That's super great! But before such things we need to go to your boyfie first, as planned." Lynx winked at me while giving me a teasing look.

I don't actually have a boyfriend YET, he's just a suitor but I'm planning to tell August to stop courting me because we'll be officially a couple. But because Lynx was very advanced she entitled August as my boyfriend already.

August Fiore is my suitor for about 9 months. We met at the university and we both felt the connection after some moment so that's the time when we started to hangout. I can say that August is a caring, loving, and mature type of person and it feels like he is the one whom I've been searching for a long time. He never failed to make me smile. It just turned out that he's been my happiness. He's the one who makes my life blissfully complete. Yeah, I know I sound cheesy, I'm not like this either psh!