CHAPTER 10✨AZALEA

Clarisse's POV

It had been overcast since I have been woken. At first, I assumed that it was too early to be up. The sky was awash with various shades of grey, in places a chink of light managed to break through, but otherwise, it was almost as dark as pre-dawn.

"What a gloomy day to start with," I stated, letting out a deep sigh. I went over my window to take a glimpse outside. I tried to rub condensed water droplets on the glassy wall of the restaurant to get a clear view of the busy street ahead. Soon it will turn into an endless music of droplets hitting the window panes, rooftops, and tree-leaves; just like an old radio coming to life.

Last night, a lingering haze of sleep sat somewhere at the back of my mind but was too far away to reach, floating in the pool of my memories with Jasper especially about the thing he told me when we were playing the game last night. I'm not pretty sure if he was serious about it but geez, that made me overthink!

Having such a gloomy presence today, I suddenly remembered Orion. It's been a while since I last saw him. If I would observe the journeys we had together, it feels like we're flying up above the sky but as time passes by it seems like we were falling apart unexpectedly. I wasn't prepared to cope up with this situation I've been facing. I was torn between stopping myself to pretend that he's real and believing that we might be together even if he's just in my dreams.

Last week, I decided to consult a neurologist because of the intolerable headaches I've been experiencing these past few months. After she conducted sort of examinations on me, she told me that the result of all those headaches and dizziness which I've been feeling was because I'm over fatigue.

The result didn't really convince me but I decided not to argue with the doctor anymore. It just feels so weird, if it's really fatigue, because I've been experiencing those weird stuff that I can barely explain. Perhaps, I am not quite sure if it also affects my dreams. I have been deeply thinking about Orion. All I know is he might be a pure fiction in my dreams for others but why do I have this feeling that he was so real whenever I'm with him? His touch, those hugs and kisses, our dance, all the memories we've shared just happened in my dreams, and my biggest mistake was to let myself get attached by his temporary presence.

"Should I leave him already? Just like the story I wrote, Orion was indeed my dream lover. And it turns out that he was also a product of my imagination. Sadly it was purely fictional." I leaned on my window and closed my eyes for a while but the message notification caught my attention. I picked my phone and sat on my bed right away, just to find out it's Jasper.

***
Jasper

Buongiorno, Bella. Have a brand new day ahead, don't forget to have your breakfast.
***

***
Clarisse

Buongiorno, Jasper. Thanks for being thoughtful, same to you as well. Take care~
***

My lips suddenly drew a smile after I read his message. His questions last night flashed back to my mind again. I guess it's not a bad idea to give him a chance to try. After all, he's a thoughtful and caring best friend of mine. I may not be completely ready for the upgrade of our friendship but it will surely happen at the right time. However, my deep thoughts suddenly vanished when Mom knocked on my door.

"Clarisse sweetie, Lynx is here." I rapidly got up from my bed to open up my door.

"Morning Mom, thanks." I kissed her cheeks then I quickly pulled Lynx inside my room.

"Woah, that was a swift move girl! Kinda hyper but your eyebags are way too active than yours haha." Lynx prevented herself from laughing while pointing out my cutie little eyebags.