Two

Once there had operated an old slaughterhouse located just across the river, which had happened to be quite a widespread place among illegal marketers. It was like a junction of drug dealers, illegal organ traders, hitmen, etc. Even some serial killers had brought their abducted victims, or simply the corpses to get rid of them with ease. All that stuff had been happening with the approval of the owner of the facility, who'd also count as the head of the criminal underworld in the area. He was being referred to as the 'Flesher'. Even the police had heard rumors from here and there about the activities of the facility, but to them it was just an ordinary slaughterhouse. The workers were especially thorough when it came to cleaning, while they were also being closely monitored by the higher ups. Therefore it was never surprising when one or two of them had disappeared from time to time, it was never a mystery what had happened to them.

Liu had been a member of the network as well. During that time when his hitman career was at its best, this infamous building was the spot where he would meet up with his clients, and receive the names of his targets. At least until the day before, when the Flesher was murdered.

***

Upon opening his eyes, the brunet glanced around the room, seeing metal hooks hanging from the ceiling, some of which still had remains of decaying carcass, and clotted pools of blood spattered all over the cold tiles. The place was way too familiar. He could not get things straight in his head, as more and more questions came flooding his mind. How did he get there? Did someone want to kill him? Why wasn't he dead yet? Who was the person on the rooftop? For what reason was he taken back there?

"Revenge perhaps?" Sully's voice rang clearly in his ear, causing Liu to turn his head instinctively into the direction of the sound. The projection of his split personality was leaning against the wall beside him, a blank expression resting on his face.

Dizziness and a throbbing headache had rendered him unable to focus, therefore waking up to his other personality was not something to surprise him. The other just rolled his eyes and let out an irritated sigh. He then stepped closer to Liu, before throwing an arm around his shoulders as if they were true close friends. Liu was aware of his hallucinations regarding Sully, but making physical contact with him had always caught him off guard.

"Just think about it. How many people have we killed just because someone paid us to? You know there's been a few" the voice explained, staying oblivious to the male's state of mind. "Now imagine someone of a specific mindset seeing you on TV or in the newspaper or on a fucking wanted poster, because you suck at laying low!" When Sully raised his voice, Liu wanted to step away, but a metallic rattling noise behind his back made it clear he was unable to do so. Cold chains wrapped tightly around his wrists and legs kept him pinned to the rusty pipes that ran alongside the wall. "Oh, and by the way, I heard the Flesher was killed yesterday. Just thought you should know, they might want to ask you a few things" he added with a chuckle at the end, then removed his arm from around Liu.

By that time he had gathered enough strength to comprehend what Sully was trying to say, and lifted his head to look himself in the eyes. "How do you know that?"

"If I were you... Haha! I'd choose my words very carefully. He'll be here soon." And without further ado, the hallucination vanished.

"Who are you talking about? Who is here?"

From the hallway outside of the room, the sound of heavy footsteps started approaching the closed metal door. The tied up male turned his head to the entrance, and a few brief seconds later, it swung open with a shrill screech.
It revealed a man dressed in an oddly formal suit, yet heavily armed with a high variety of weapons. He could have been around in his late 30s, his hair a black mess, and judging by the symbol tattooed on his hand, he was quite fond of Hitler.

"Great, you're awake. I was starting to think I hit you too hard." The man's voice was deep and hoarse, his expression showed no signs of emotion.

"Why am I here?" Liu knew it would have been best to think before speaking, – as Sully advised – and to ask the right questions. However, the man completely dismissed him. He was standing beside a wobbly table, taking off his weapons one by one. Only after an uncomfortably long silence was he willing to pay attention, and placed his last knife on the table before finally turning to him.

"There is a lot of money on your head, kid. I couldn't let a chance like that just slip away."

The picture started to clear up, but there was yet another thing Liu couldn't understand. His kidnapper was a bounty hunter, but if that was the case, why did he lock him up in the slaughterhouse?

"Why haven't you taken me to the police? You're after the reward, right? Why am I here?"

"Oh, I was going to. Then I've had the luck to meet someone offering much more than what those tightfisted cops are willing to give. The only downside of the deal is that he wants you alive."