Meeting Each Other

Star sighed as she laid on her mat, staring up at her tent. Business had been slow and Drew had been gone all night along with Aj. Having enough, she got up and walked out of her tent, through the tunnels of the underground sewer that led to outskirts of the village. She then started to walk around, making sure to keep away from the guards. It has been years since the gypsies could roam freely without feeling discriminated by the villagers around the country. But after the gypsies moved into the village they are in know, they started hiding their identities or stay in a secluded area. The Minister of Justice had enforced a law for all gypsies to be captured and imprisoned, but it had been difficult since they've been hiding and spread out.

"Halt!" shouted a voice. Knowing it was a guard, Star ran into an alley, tumbling crates and barrels to lose them all. She then gotten to the other side of the village but a pair of gold metal arms that belonged to the Captain had grabbed her, causing her to struggle.

"Let go of me!"

The Captain kept her still but grunted as she elbowed his sides hard. He seethed out his sword but was stopped by a foot kicking under his chin. He fell to the ground hard, growling lowly as his helmet fell off, his black and red streaked hair spiking out a bit from the heat outside. Star glared down at him as she backed away but didn't run. She felt herself staring at his perfectly shaped face, her baby blue eyes baring into his ruby red ones. She felt something different about him but he was a guard and she didn't trust any of them.

"Captain Shadow!" one of the guards yelled from afar. The Captain known as Shadow stood up, grabbing Star by her arm, and pulled her into a dark alley, keeping still as the other guards ran past the alley, looking for him. She looked up at him, raising an eyebrow as she stepped back.

"Why are we hiding? Aren't you supposed to turn me in like the others?"

He shrugged his shoulders before walking out of the alley.

"To be honest, I was forced into this job. I never wanted to hurt or impression innocent lives, but the Minister of Justice had required my "help", making me leave the war we are in."

She listened to him, seeing a new light on this man. She slightly smiled before walking up to him. A horse rounded a corner, trotting up to the two. Shadow gently took the reigns and looked at her.

"Need a ride to wherever you live?"

Star shook her head, knowing it was off limits for her to even go halfway to the hiding place, but she did wanted to stay with him, to find out more about his past.

"Actually, if you're not busy, we can go to the creek nearby."

He rose an eyebrow, questioning the idea but knew he needed some sort of a break. He nodded, getting onto the horse and helped her up onto it also. She hung unto his sides before they started heading out of town. No one had seen them nor were they around, probably at the market or working. As soon as they got to the forest, the horse started to trot faster towards the creek. The sun shone brightly and the skies were clear from any clouds. They all soon got to the creek, Shadow getting off the horse and helped Star down. They both walked to the creek, sitting down and staring at the clear water, the sun reflecting against it. Everything looked perfect.

"So, did you always wanted to be a Captain?" Star asked, still looking at the creek.

"I did. My father was one of the best Captains around. He won so many wars and he was respected by all, but it was his kindness and compassion that made him famous. I want to be so much like him, but others only see me as a brute..."

Star listened to him with interest. To think that any guard was kind, especially to anyone. She smiled softly before laying on the grass, closing her eyes softly as the sun hit her skin.

"What's your story?" he asked. She blinked her eyes open but closed them again when the sun shone into her eyes.

"I can't say..." she said, not wanting to tell him her past. He blinked a bit, he told her some of his past, he wanted to know some of hers, but he didn't want to pester her about it. He looked back at the creek, thinking about his past until he saw her standing up.

"I...have to go..." she muttered. He stood up, looking down at her blankly but felt confused. Why did she want to go back when she asked to come here with her? The two was soon back onto the horse and rode back to town.

"By the way," Shadow said. "My name is Shadow."

She smiled a little and said. "Star."

**********************************************

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Drew shouted at Star. He was walking around the forest earlier and saw her with the Captain. He knew that only meant trouble. "HE WORKS FOR THE BASTARD THAT IS LOCKING US UP! WHY WERE YOU WITH HIM!?"

She crossed her arms glaring. She shouted back just as loud as he was, almost the whole clan could hear. "CAUSE HE'S DIFFERENT, DREW! HE ACTUALLY CARES FOR US!"

She knew he was different judging by his past, but she was confused on why he has captured her when she was running. Drew however, wasn't convinced at all.

"I don't want you seeing him ever again! You got that!"

"You can't tell me what to do, Drew! And don't do that "I'll kick you out" shit that you tell me all the time! You know you need me more than anyone here!"

Before he could say anything, she marched her way back to her tent, planning her next meeting with the captain.

**********************************************

Star had went to the same spot they met that next morning, but he wasn't there at all. Not giving up, she walked around the village, making sure no guards could see her. She was about to give up her search before she heard his del voice talking. Excited, she followed the voice but stop and his when he saw him standing in front of a girl with long baby blue hair with black tips and yellow eyes. Her breasts were pushed up high from her brown corset and her white skirt flowing down her ankles. She was flirting with the Captain, causing the blonde girl to feel jealousy consuming her heart. Just when she was about to get out of her spot, she saw the girl kissing him on the lips, causing Star to stay still in shock. Not wanting to see anymore, she ran away from the scene. She didn't hear Shadow calling out to her when he saw her, she was already too far away.

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN! What did you guys think? And sorry for not updating more often, Senior Year had gotten pretty busy along with AP homeworks. But I will soon update this story and my other stories, too. Peace out, hombres!