Hot Water

"He's a demon?! He's gone?! You slept together?!" Sam was about to blow a fuse as Cas explained to him what happened.

"Sam, I couldn't see his true form. His demon side. I'm sorry for this."

Sam tried to gather his thoughts. "Okay. Okay. Let's just take this one step at a time. You slept together?"

"Yes. I'm afraid so."

"And... what exactly caused that?"

"I... I thought he... he told me he had romantic feelings toward me. And I believed him. I... I thought he was human, Sam."

Sam sighed. "It's fine. We both did."

"Where could he have gone?"

"I don't know. He could be anywhere."

"And... what does he need me for?"

"What do you mean?"

"He said he needed me for something. But the question still remains; what does he need me for?"

"Well, Cas, let's think about this. You're an angel, he's a demon. He needed to... sleep with you in order to do... something. Maybe it's some kind of ritual. Uh... spell maybe?"

"Doubtful. Whatever this is, it must be a big deal. The courting of an angel and a demon...-"

"Yeah, I hear you."

"You should. I spoke at a reasonable decibel."

Before Sam could speak, Cas cried out, doubling over in pain. Something was wrong.

"Cas? What-what's going on?"

He fell to his knees. "I... I'm not sure." He collapsed on his side in immense pain.

Everything went by in a blur. He began to glow a bright white, practically radiating with pain. Just as he slipped into unconsciousness, he saw... everything.

._.__._.

Cas and Sam watched over it, not sure what to make of it.

"So," Sam began. "This is what he was planning."

"It would appear so."

"But... how? It just doesn't make any sense."

"It is quite difficult to understand. Even I have a difficult time believing it."

"Yeah, I don't doubt that. I mean... you're a...-"

"I know, Sam. I... I just wish we could have successfully cured Dean. He could be here right now, helping us through this. Then again, he was the cause of this. If he had been cured, this wouldn't have happened."

"Do you even know what to do?"

"I... can infer what protocols to take based on what I experience firsthand."

"You're gonna figure it out as you go along."

"I am going to figure it out as I go along."

Sam grinned. "Are you sure you're up for this?"

"I must be, Sam. There is no going back now."

"I get that, but... are you sure you're... father material?"

They looked at one another for a moment before looking down at the twin infants in the crib.

"I will have no other choice. I must be ready."

"Have you even named them yet?"

Cas sighed lightly. "I am not used to naming children, Sam."

He chuckled. "Can't think of any good names, huh?"