I Had A Dream

It was a warm Friday afternoon. The streets of Naples glowing with the natural beauty that Italy had to offer. The hustle and bustle of passers-by, giving warm 'Hello's', darting in and out of every store and market stall are what gave this city life. The smiles, the greetings, the individuals all breathing life into every wrinkle of the city he loved. The city Giorno loved. This was his home after all.

Giorno Giovanna, a boy that could have easily been described as a troublemaker, a delinquent, is now the head of Passione. The boy who ran away from home and stole the suitcases of travelers to make a living now had some of Italy's most powerful people under his thumb. He'd killed the Capo, enemies of the organization, kind of kidnapped the boss's daughter, fended off a hitman team, and finally killed the Boss. There was nowhere else to go. He had taken the crown and all the power that came with it. His one aim in all of this, to rid the streets of Naples of drugs. A noble ideology, but one that proved far more difficult than he has first anticipated, and of course it was not without its sacrifices. His friends... no, his family were lost along the way.

Abbaccio, the stern and often miserable ex-cop who taught Giorno about loyalty and the dangers that this life lead. He was harsh but mostly fair. Giorno was the new child that Bruno had bought in, the potential danger that could get the ones he cared for hurt. The one that could easily cave in battle, the one who was in way over his head, he had to be cautious. He treated Giorno like the child he was, which was often aggravating but it held a lesson. Don't just run in head first, don't let emotions take over. Emotionally charged decisions can be the end in this line of work, recklessness will be used against you. He made sure Giorno has realistic expectations, made sure he wasn't a reliability. He was dedicated to his team, that much was certain, he'd do anything for them.

Naranchia, the one who gave up his life too early. He was always the one to lift peoples low spirits. He could be down right cruel like the rest of them, but only if necessary. He wanted to leave the gang and return to school once life once Trish (the Boss's daughter) was no longer in danger, he saw himself in her. A scared kid who just wanted to belong, but were strong in their own ways. However, his dream was cut too short during the final fight.

Bruno Bucciarati, the one who was his guidance ,the one who bought him into this life and cared for him as though he was with them from the very beginning. The 'mother' of the group, as people often say. He kept people together, supported dreams, made sure we ate well, cared for wounds... and often put himself in danger to save the others. He was too kind-hearted, how he got into the gang-star life was a mystery that was beyond his understanding. He took people in off the streets to give them a better life, even if they believed they didn't deserve it. The number of times he begged Naranchia to return to school was too many to count. The sweet moments he shared with Abbaccio stunned him, he got the reserved and serious man to open up and have some joy in his life.

Bruno could always tell when Giorno was apprehensive, and always knew what to say so that he could mentally regain himself. Gio held himself very well, no outward signs of fear despite his young age, but Bruno could always tell. You couldn't fool him. Despite his calm and friendly disposition, he could read anyone like a book and use it to his advantage, Giorno knew this all to well.

Their first meeting was a strange encounter.

Back when Giorno was stealing suitcases he had been a part of a minor crime operation working under "Leaky Eye Luca", who apparently had Passione ties. Luca liked to see others fearing him, cowering at his presence, but Giorno was the wrong person to expect that reaction from. Although they had never met before, he knew a lot about this man and the way he worked. Luca demanded the power and respect, especially from a, so called, child. But Giorno was the wrong person to demand respect from, and you don't threaten him if you value you life.
Luca was demanding, money and gifts from his underling, Giorno was acting indifferent. Explaining that he had no money to give pushed Luca's buttons, pissing him off. While Giorno had not directly killed him, his ability did. Luca had swung at Giorno with a steel shovel multiple time in a attempt to leave a few broken bones as a price for his disrespect, when he spotted a frog. A frog that was returning to Giorno and after seeing that Gio cared more for this frog than his own life, he struck the frog despite his warnings not to.

Luca didn't know about Giorno's ability, the frog was actually a suitcase he had stolen from some tourist. As Luca hit it, the full force was reflected back onto him killing him instantly.  Giorno hadn't technically killed him. But, that's not how Passion saw it. They had sent Bruno Bucciarati.
Bucciarati could tell from the look on face and the taste of his sweat that he was guilty. Bucciarati had licked his face to gain his information, that was the unusual part. The man Giorno saw that day was someone you didn't want to be on the wrong side of he was terrifying when he wanted to be, a completely different person from the Bruno he grew to know.

During the battle, the two had connected. They both shared a similar mind and a similar goal, to free Naples from the clutches of substance abuse. It was an unlikely friendship to be sure, the interrogator and the suspect. But if there is one thing Gio is good at, it's persuasive speeches, speeches that truly make you believe in his cause. Giorno's drive was the passion and fire that Bruno needed to finally take that step, to finally make his dream become reality, but Bruno was the one to lead the others and guided them there.

Bruno was the one who grew the little family, and now most of them are gone.

It was just Giorno, Mista, Trish and Fugo.