Blank

Fugo re-connected with what was left of his team once Giorno had reached out to him. It took a lot of digging, he didn't want to be found, although I don't think anyone in his position would want to be. They all knew how this worked.

Goirno doesn't blame Fugo for leaving. For most, the mission would have been certain death, and living after their failure would have been worse. There would be no way you could have friends or even start a family, they would all be targets, used as tools. They all knew how it worked, they were a part of the process.

Giorno tracked him down nevertheless, he couldn't keep the death of his loved ones from him, he deserved to know what happened... he didn't take the news well, he blames himself for what happened, especially Narancia. Despite Giorno assuring that he would be safe to return to any life he wanted, he would not be hunted, Fugo swore allegiance and loyalty to the new Don, he didn't want to lose who he has left. Fugo had turned his back on his family once before and it was his single biggest regret.

The funerals came and went, with few attending for security purposes, but the streets still cried for their loss. Bruno had an impact on everything, caring for anyone like they were family, and in return the people cared for his. The streets were wrought with mourning once the news got out, Bucciarati and his friends were gone. The people worried about their safety, about the changes that would be made, but Mista stepped up and too their hearts into his own hands. He was a familiar face, someone Bucciarati trusted, so they trusted him.

He became the peoples voice, reporting to Giorno on how things were going, about peoples concerns so that changes could be made. He was Giorno's most trusted, and for good reason. He was an excellent gunman, that much was certain, any threat would be on the floor before they even had the chance to fully brandish their weapon. He had experience in the majority of areas of the business, but Giorno kept him close by. Mista was valuable to Giorno, but not just for his skills. If he needed to talk something out with a real person, Mista was his guy. He'd sit and just listen, giving Gio the views of his people, and helping Giorno come to a decision. Weighing the pros and cons of a situation, helping him to decide which events were important to attend, reporting on the state of the city... Mista kept him grounded, focused. The Don's second in command, bodyguard, and most trusted advisor.

It was alot of responsibility and work, but he took it in stride, with the same easygoing attitude and accompanying smile. Mista really hasn't changed much over the last year. He's still the life of the room, same hat seemingly glued to his head, the same laid back composure...

Nothing rattles Mista. That's seemingly why he and Giorno got along so well, the same cool composure in difficult situations. Despite Mista usually wearing his emotions on his sleeve, when it came to a job, they were wiped clean. That easy going smile replaced with an almost unreadable face, the only thing visible being pure unbridled determination. A similar face that Giorno often wore, much more often than Mista.

Here he was again, out on the balcony,  staring over the vast gardens of the mansion, same blank expression. The warm summer sun kissed his waves of golden hair, aquamarine eyes glowing in the light as he fiddled with some if the flowers that were wrapped around the cool iron railing.

His mind blank and staring at the beauty, he let a small soft smile grace his lips. For once, his schedule was almost clear, just a few afternoon telephone meetings. He could sit,  with a blank mind and just relax for the first time since taking over.