High Up

lol I'm back

"I'M FUCKING FLYING!" I screamed, the roofs of London looked so small compared to the city an the lights flirted with each other in the distance. Pan's hands were wrapped securely around my arms and I felt so safe.

"WOOOOOO!" The wind pushed the strands of hair daring to escape my bun out of my face so my arms were spread out like a birds. I felt so, inexplicably and astronomically, free.

We came to a halt and now we were on top of the Big Ben, resting on the clocks ticking things. I prayed that they didn't move whilst I was on them.

"Why are we here?" I shouted over the wind. Peter grinned.

"So if the stuff doesn't work then I can catch you."

I gave him an appalled look. "What?!" I screamed. "But why couldn't we just of done it in my room!"

He landed next to me and got into close proximity. Even though the wind I could feel his speak into my ear. "Because then it's not fun."

I pushed him away from me. "Bro."

He laughed and floated up again. "Alright, Tink?" The little speck of twinkling dust which was apparently a fairy made a noise and then quickly circled around me. I sneezed as it went up my nose and I swear I could hear a little laugh. She stopped once I was all covered in pixie dust and landed on my shoulder. I held tightly onto her her feet so she wouldn't be blown away in the wind. "Alright so all you have to do is just have some faith and trust and think of a happy thought."

"You said I had to have self confidence?"

"Isn't that the same as faith and trust?"

I rolled my eyes and for a moment looked down at the city below. Gulping, I tried to get rid of the taste in my mouth and actually thought. Why was I up here in the first place?

"Why did I agree to do this-" I squealed, tightly shutting my eyes. Without opening them, I felt a presence behind me and hands on mhm waste. Peter slowly lifted up my arms into a T-position (I had no strength to make a joke) and I felt Tink lift from my shoulder.

"Shhh, it's ok," he said. "I'm right here so if you don't lift I'll be here to catch you."

"Promise?"

"On Tinks life."

A sharp jingle came from right beside my ear and he chuckled, which was cut off before he grunted. "Ow." I felt myself laugh.

"Have you got a happy thought?"

For a moment I almost said no but then remembered back to when I first met Pan. The little gremlin has opened a whole new world to me and it made me smile to remember all the times when he made me laugh, even when I thought I couldn't. Yeah sure I had plenty of happy memories with my family and my twin brothers but really Peter made me happy. Well, he has recently anyway.

I opened my eyes. "Alright, I'm ready."

And I jumped. I felt Peter's hands away from me and I thought I was falling but then I soared up. My stomach rolled and my eyes closed shut and then I was up in the clouds. Rising higher and higher until finally I stopped and could feel the wind, not on my face. I heard a loud laugh and Pan twirled around me, his boyish grin etched into his face. I grinned back and he took my hand. Tinker Bell was no where to be seen and for a split second my mind wondered where she was but it was obliterated when he pulled me along. Into the stars we soared and I could see the moon clearly like it was getting bigger and bigger.

And then Peter let me go. I floated for a while, my eyes were now shut, and just let myself breathe. Since we were so high up there wasn't much air.

But I felt at peace.