Prologue

Seven year old Amilya crept down neat and tidy steps down to the dining room. When a stair creaked, she stopped in her tracks and waited to see if anyone came to investigate. When no one came, she continued to sneak towards the voices in the other room.

     "Amy will find out, Albus. She already wonders about her parents and her scar. She will find out, she's a smart child." Auntie Minnie said quietly.

     Amy subconsciously put a hand on her right side of her chest, right under her collarbone. There, was a scar from a mean kneazle at Uncle Fillie's house in the shape of a lightning bolt.

     Amy sneezed and then stopped abruptly in her tracks. The adults immediately stopped talking.

     "Amy, is that you there?" Uncle Albus called. Amy had taken refuge behind a wall, breathing hard. Then, grudgingly, she tiptoed into the dining room.

     Auntie Minnie gave her a disapproving look. "Amilya, you're supposed to be in bed."

     "I know, but I wanted to get a glass of water." Amy looked down at her feet, trying to look ashamed.

     Auntie Minnie didn't seem to believe her. "Well, get some water and then go back to bed."

     "Uncle Albus, what am I supposed to know?" Amy couldn't help but blurt out.

     He chuckled and placed a hand on her shoulder. "One day, we'll tell you."

     "When will you?"

     "Amy, go to bed." Auntie Minnie said sternly.

     "When you turn eleven." He answered, his blue eyes twinkling.

     "But that's a long time to wait-"

     "Amy, you're impatient." Auntie Minnie said. "And, you need to get to bed."

     "But-"

     "Minerva is quite right. You need to head off to bed. But, I will tell you this," Albus smiled, "Four years will go by quickly. Then, we will tell you everything we plan to."

     "Okay." Amilya then hopped off to bed, dreaming of when that wonderful day would come as she drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Yes, this is a very short chapter but I promise that the following chapters will at least be a bit longer. Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!