Chapter 10: April 13, 1987

The boys left in about a week to tour. I, on the other hand, was assigned the task of taking care of their apartment and helping them pack. Because their arms were clearly broken and they couldn't do it by themselves. Note the sarcasm.

I walked out into the living room where Adrianna was cuddled up and laughing next to Stevie. They were apparently very off and on, according to Izzy, and would go back to each other every so often. Now was one of those times.

"Hey, Jimmie!" she squealed, jolting up from the couch and rushing to give me a hug. "Uh- No touching. Hands off the merchandise, babe." I mumbled, prying her from me gently. "You're so funny." she giggled, brushing it off and returning back to her spot next to her 'boyfriend'. I looked to Duff with a confused face who covered up his snicker with a fake cough. "Yeah, smooth, McKagan." I muttered while walking past him.

I didn't like how Adrianna was always attached to Stevie and had to be next to him at all times. I mean, for fuck's sake, they've only been 'together' for a week and a half since the argument in the bar. They had very loud make up sex that night and have been inseparable ever since. Was I jealous? I wouldn't say so, but I sure was beginning to get pissed off.

"Yo, Jimmy John's!" Duff called after me while following me into the singular room where Izzy and Slash were slumped onto a mattress in the corner. "What's up, Sasquatch?"

Duff had been calling me any variation of a name with the word 'Jim' in it so in return, I had been calling all sorts of names ranging from 'Big Bird' to 'Andre the Giant'. We found it amusing.

"Can you help me pack? I have no idea what to wear." he asked while reaching into the closet and pulling out a large suitcase. "Uh- Sure. Do you know what cities you guys are hitting?"

"Mm... I'm sure we have a list around somewhere but we're going to four continents. I have no clue which, though." he shrugged, tossing the suitcase by my feet. "Continents?! I thought it was across the States! Not the fucking world! For how long?"

"Shit.. a year? Year and a half?" Duff looked to the band mates in the corner, who nodded. "A year and a fucking half?" I exclaimed, suddenly very aware of how popular they are. The whole thing became very surreal in a split second.

"Uh... yes?" It was more of a question than a statement. "Fuck." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck. I wasn't usually one to overreact, or react at all, but this was insane. They were going to be gone for damn near 2 years and I was supposed to stay here and house sit for them? Without seeing them? Fuck!

"Why are you so surprised?" Slash giggled a bit before continuing, "Jealous or somethin'?" "I just had no idea that you guys were gonna be gone for that long." I sighed. "No worries, babe. You'll survive without us. Promise." Duff smiled down at me, rubbing my shoulder.

"I never said I wouldn't." Huffing, I made my way over to where Duff had his clothes thrown together and began tossing them into the suitcase messily. "There, you're packed."

With that, I left the band's apartment and made my way to my own. I had only been to the apartment to sleep, occasionally might I add, and even then I never saw Les. She was always working at night and that was the only time I was there.

"Les? You home?" The door creaked open slowly, the aged hinges and cracked wooden door making themselves known. I peered into the dark apartment and shut the door behind me, switching on a dim lamp. I noticed the light under Les's door and knocked, "Les?"

I got no response, so I took matters into my own hands and opened the door. A lamp was lit in the corner of her room but she was sound asleep on her bed. Just as I turned to leave, she stirred awake, "Jimmie?"

"Shit- Sorry. I just wanted to see if you were home." I mumbled still standing in the doorway. "Where the fuck have you been? I haven't seen you in damn near months, Jimmie." Her light voice was still a bit groggy from sleep as she rubbed her eyes and sat up straight. "I know, I know. I've been hanging around Guns-"

"Still? Why? They're a bunch of assholes." "Just because you and Axl got into it doesn't mean they're all bad. I think they're pretty alright, actually." I shrugged, leaning against the doorframe. "You haven't been around," she mumbled quietly, "You've missed a lot."

"Like what? Nothing happens around here." I chuckled softly, moving to sit on the edge of her bed. "Well, I got fired from the club so I went to work at a new one. I'm at the Seventh Veil now." she sighed. "Oh. Well, that's good, right? That's a popular club."

"I'm still not making enough money. You not being here and rarely giving your cut of rent means I've been taking more hours. I barely get any time outside of the club and even then, I have to waitress." "Shit, sorry, Les. I've been totally busy wi-"

"With what? Guns? Fuck, Jimmie, you totally ditched me! Do you even work anymore?" I stared at her, dumbfounded, "Y-Yeah. I still take shifts and the record store and shit." I mumbled back. "I mean, why haven't you ever stopped by? Payed rent? Helped with groceries, cleaning, anything? You're a lowlife!"

"Because I'm broke, Leslie! I don't have any fucking money!" I yelled, causing her to flinch. "Maybe if you didn't go spend all your money on fucking drugs, you'd have some money to pitch in for our rent, you fucking addict!" she yelled back.

The protective and loving feelings I once had toward Les had vanished in an instant. Over the last few months as I grew closer to Guns, she was insanely attached to Axl, only for him to shatter her by cheating on her. He didn't see it as a big deal and even I warned her, but she ended up being heart broken, of course. With both of them and their temper tantrums, it was inevitable.

They were toxic, each ruining each other more and more every time they saw one another. She got jealous that I still hung with the band and we began having huge arguments whenever we did see each other that ended with one of us breaking something or crying. I'll let you guess who does what.

"You're damn lucky I don't punch you in your fucking mouth, Les. And don't act like you've never done drugs before, dude. It's not my fault Axl cheated on you. It's not my fault you hate them. Yes, I get it, I didn't pay rent and shit. I know. I'll start paying my cut and whatever. Let it go!" I rolled my eyes and headed for the door.

"You don't even know me anymore! You don't know what I've been going through the past few months when you were gone!" "Like what, Les? Stripping?" I groaned, spinning and glaring daggers at her.

"I got knocked up." My mouth dropped open, staring at her in disbelief, but she didn't stop. "But you wouldn't fucking know that, would you? You wouldn't know that it was Axl's and I had to go to the clinic to get it handled. I would've gotten laid off from my second club if they knew I got pregnant. I've been working my ass off to pay this rent by myself and I want you out. I'm tired of your shit, Jimmie. Get the fuck out. You have three days to pack."

The amount of emotions that my mind raced though was almost dizzying. "You're kicking me out on my ass?!" I began thinking about where I could go, since Les was evicting me from my own damn apartment. "You had it coming, Jimmie. I've told you many times that you haven't been paying the rent and you still ignored it."

"And what happens if I don't leave? You're not my fucking landlord, Leslie!" I huffed. "I'll call the fucking cops on you. Three days." she stated firmly. I left the room without another word and a slammed door.

Fuck.