There's no other way than forward ♥ (Part 1)

I'm sorry, I just can't take it anymore.

Cassandra looked at the text she had just received. It was a short one, but filled with so much weight that her phone felt heavy on her hand. Shakily she tapped on her phone and slowly wrote her reply.

Are you saying.. We should stop all this?

She looked at what she wrote, took a deep breath and sent her reply. She felt cold, even though it was the middle of summer. She took another deep breath and put her phone on the table. Her phone made a small sound as it hit the glass table. She took a long look at what's on the table and randomly thought how her little succulent, which she named Carl, looked weak. She looked at the books next, that was neatly piled near the plant, which she planned to read tonight but now it looked out of place. I don't think I'll be doing any reading tonight. She thought as she took another deep breath.

She looked at her phone again which was perfectly settled just in front of Carl, and that was when it hit her. She was suddenly filled with dread, her hands shook a little stronger than a moment ago, her heart beating so fast she could feel it hurting and her breathing suddenly became heavy. As if on queue her phone gave a small ding. Lighting up, a certain name was reflected on the screen.

Very slowly she reached for her phone. Her heart beating stronger as she held the phone on her hand. Tears started to form on the corner of her eyes. She wiped them away, took yet again another deep breath and nervously opened the text she got.

Hey Cass! ♥ Coffee tomorrow at 1PM? Also gotta need some pizza, haven't had one in a long while. Txt me now.

A slight sigh of relief washed over her as she read her friend, Jazmine's text. Staring at the screen she tried to think of a reply. Just as she was about to type her reply, her phone gave another ding. And from the top most portion of her phone, the text notification hovered long enough for her to read.

Yeah, I think we should. I'm sorry Cass.

Her heart was beating loudly as ever, so loud she could barely hear herself think. The slight relief she felt awhile ago was washed away by the cold realization that she is losing him. Before she could get her bearings again, her phone gave another ding. Another text from the same person hovered on the top most portion of her phone.

I'm at my limit now. And I don't think I can take anymore of this.

Tears started to flow slowly from her brown eyes. Silently she opened his texts. In the middle of rereading both texts, a new one popped.

I'm sorry Cass, I don't want to hurt you. But I don't think I can do this anymore. This is not easy for me, but I'm sorry.

The loud beating of her heart made it hard for her to think properly. She wiped away her tears that was continuously falling. Her cheeks felt the cold touch of her shaking hand. She struggled breathing as she felt the tightness of her chest. She was at a lost on what to do and continued crying and trying to breathe.

After what seemed like hours that had passed, she took the deepest breath she could and wiped her tears away. She looked at her phone which was left on her lap as she lost herself from the pain of what she read. Reaching for it, she then typed her reply.

Please Sam, don't just throw away all those times we had.

With a couple more deep breathes, she put her phone down on the table, and decided to get some water. When she returned, water in hand, she stared at her phone with such nervousness that one would think it would attack her. Closing her eyes and trying to calm herself, she took her phone and slowly made her way to her room.

The rooms soft ambient was a welcoming sight to her and was able to deceivingly calm her nerves. She made her way to her bedside table and put the water down, lightly threw her phone on her bed and walked towards her closet. With a heavy feeling, she changed out of her clothes and put on her pajamas. She was able to take a small glimpse of herself from her full length mirror and saw her tear filled face. As she was about to feel the effects of what is happening again, she shook her head and took another deep breath. Turning the lights off she walked back to her bed.

She sat at the side of her bed, drank a bit of water and held her phone. Sam's name reflected on the notification as she unlocked her phone. She opened the text and prepared for the worst.

Cass, I don't know what to say, except for I'm sorry. I'm at my limit with all this. I can't keep going like this. I care for you a lot, you know that, but I don't think I'm the right man for you. I honestly am not ready for a relationship yet. And with how intense this has become, I'm not prepared for it. I think it's the best that we should just stop this. I'm sorry for hurting you.

Tears fell on the screen of her phone as her eyes blurred from what she had just read. Putting her phone on the bedside table, she lied on her bed. She hid under the blanket as she cried her heart out. Her heart started to beat loudly again and breathing became difficult. Her small frame shook from her crying, until she fell asleep.

💌💌💌💌💌

So I decided to try my hand in writing again as I now have some extra time... 

I haven't really wrote anything in a long while so please go easy on me, haha (>=<)

Buuuuut, I would like to hear your thoughts on this first story for this book. Also on the other stories that are to come as well, hehe

I'd really appreciate it :) and if you do like it, please give it a vote hehe :)