four

Jisung was in the library playing games instead of studying after school that day. Felix was to his right, playing a kart racer game with Jisung. Seungmin and Hyunjin were sitting at the table across from them, doing their homework together. Jeongin was on his phone, scrolling through social media.

"Fuck!" Jisung yelled when he lost the race against Felix due to a notification. The librarian shot him a dirty look from her desk. She looked down on him with her glasses sitting on the very tip of her nose. She always creeped Jisung out, so he shrunk down and muttered a quiet apology. Felix was giggling beside him.

"Stupid notification," Jisung mumbled. "It was a freaking unknown number that made me lose to you," Jisung glared at Felix.

"No, you always lose to me. You suck at Kart Racer. Anyways, who messaged you?" Felix asked, leaning over Jisung's shoulder to look at his phone.

"It's probably just spam," Jisung said under his breath as he opened up the message. "Holy shit!" he exclaimed when he read it, which earned him another glare from the librarian.

Everyone looked up from their work. Seungmin was unamused, looking up at this friend with a tired look on his face. Hyunjin was looking at Jisung with slight distaste coloring his expression. He had known Jisung long enough that it was probably some trivial thing that excited the brown haired boy. Jeongin just had plain confusion on his face when he looked up.

Jisung frantically whispered to the others, "It's a text from Minho!" No one except Jeongin looked up in surprise. Jisung was used to being ignored. Nevertheless, he told Jeongin about everything that Minho was texting him.

[unknown]

> hey, this is minho

[jisung]

hi! are you still able to meet up tomorrow? >

[change contact name to "minho <3"?]

[yes] [no]

[minho <3]

> yep

[jisung]

okay, meet me at the flagpole after school tomorrow! <

[minho <3]

> okay, see you then

[jisung]

see you!! <

"Dude, that was literally the most uneventful conversation ever. No wonder everyone else ignored you," Jeongin said. But then he turned to see Jisung's face, and the older was absolutely glowing with excitement. Jeongin's resolve softened, and he smiled at Jisung. "Whatever, it doesn't matter if they ignore you, I guess. Anyways, good luck tomorrow then, hyung." The maknae grinned warmly at Jisung, happy to see him so excited about something.

"Thanks, Jeonginie," Jisung smiled.