(α) You shouldn't be there

This month's (July's) prompt- ditto the title.

TW: angst??

TW: this is trash. Just warning ya. Not paying for yo therapist afterwards. No sanity refunds either.

TW: you can sense this is hyper forced. I greatly apologise and promise the next month's (technically, this one's but shhhhhh) entry will be more worth a look at.

[Word count: 3191
Side note: this is certainly the shortest shit I've ever written]

Status: alpha (fully edited)
.
.
.
.
He hadn't ever meant to Fall.

Like all things[1], it somehow ended up happening when he least expected it. He hadn't sinned, he had made sure to check his own records at least thrice, and as far as he was concerned, he'd just tried his best at being the most faithful angel Heaven had ever seen. But perhaps all those who used to make allusions towards him Falling one day or the other had made a valid point the moment they insinuated it. Perhaps they had been either clairvoyant or just clever enough to know that whoever was in charge of angels' Falling would, if not being God Herself[2], comply with whatever higher ranked Archangel would order. 

Why, for Somebody's sake, had he ever dared hold hopes for some being smarter than that?

He hadn't, however, been completely alone in the matter, in the second of its happening. He had, in fact, heard a voice before succumbing to the overwhelming darkness of the deepest pit of Hell. It had been a matter of seconds for him to find himself somewhere he both found oddly familiar and had never seen before[3]. His hair had flown in cold, lacing wind he hadn't been capable of discerning from the matter of reality just a few heartbeats ago. His pale eyes had opened slowly to faibly look up at the source of blinding, sickeningly heavenly light, attempting to find something in the shape or essence of a God, a saviour and a protector, a Mother to the world humans inhabited, the God he and all of existence had been promised. Instead of the usual warmth and protection he'd been used to sense all he was granted was darkness, oblivion and a giant pool of burning sulphur and then there was also something else, something quite different and completely unnoted in the usual schedule, something that could have lasted less than half a heartbeat but might as well have taken long eternities to be uttered, a soft, light and painfully reassuring 'I'm so sorry, my precious child…'. Thus had echoed the last words he heard before he Fell[4].

Whilst Falling, he felt unprotected and naked. Whilst Falling, he felt deep worry and fear, oh Lord, paralyzing fear as to whatever was to occur next, after he hits the ground of his very own reversed soul. Whilst Falling, he noted just how slowly he sauntered downwards, how Heaven's light had made its disappearance long ago, but the office itself was still there, towering over his falling essence and corporation, his bruised features and pained, gray wings, how, each time he hit something or something hit him, he felt it with multiplied force and impact. But most importantly, whilst Falling, he knew, painfully knew how he couldn't ever reinitialize his life; its positive part, at least, had come to its dusk.

Or had it?

When thinking about it the least, some uninteresting, lonely day he had made the acquaintance of another living creature, similar to himself, with mirrored capabilities and duties, and yet so beautifully different. The other was a creature of what his own head office and respective side greatly disapproved of, one with whom it was strictly forbidden[5] to interact, let alone fraternise with, and he couldn't think for a second of the other's situation presenting itself any differently from his own. They had been rather pleasant to talk to, much to his immense surprise, and had sparked a pointy revelation in his heart - he feared he did in fact had one, or at least the corporation did - that perhaps not all creatures of the complementary kind were what he'd personally explicitly depict as negative, or at least this one in particular wasn't.