orange

As Emily neared the shop she stopped at the door, confused. There was a sign on the door signaling that the shop was closed. She decided to wait, just assuming that Ashton was late.

He was.

She smiled and he walked towards the door. He fumbled around with a few keys and then unlocked the door, allowing both of them to enter. Today was different. Emily had brought her favorite CD along with her favorite vinyl, hoping she would get Ashton to listen to them.

Ashton's eyebrows rose as he saw the girl holding the two items. Emily handed them to him with a smirk. Ashton quickly looked at what he was holding and smiled as soon as he saw the cover art.

Ashton didn't hesitate to put in the Pierce the Veil CD that Emily had handed him because it had been his favorite too.

As Hell Above began, Ashton decided to start a conversation about the thing he had been wondering about for the longest time.

"What's up with your hair?" Ashton asked.

She frowned as he asked this. Ashton quickly shook his head.

"No, no. I meant what's with all of the colors. Shouldn't your hair be completely dead by now? I mean, I don't know much but I have a friend who uses bleach on his hair quite often and it's not that healthy." Ashton quickly said, hoping she would understand that he wasn't trying to be rude.

Emily wasn't aware that Ashton thought this was her real hair, but decided to go along with it. "I just dye it to go with how I'm feeling. Last night I was feeling confident, so it's orange now. As for it not being completely fried yet, I don't know what to tell you."

Ashton nodded and continued asking her questions. They began to grow closer to each other and time passed quickly.

They talked for the whole day, Ashton only getting up to help 2 customers. Ashton was supposed to clock out long ago, but he didn't tell her that.

They continued listening to the CDs that Ashton had already had at the shop for when he was bored.

"So what color will your hair be tomorrow?" Ashton asked as Remembering Sunday blasted through the speakers.

"What's your favorite color?" Emily asked with a smile on her face.

"Green."

"Then it guess my hair will be green tomorrow."