Part 22

Another day, another test. It was getting to be exhausting. They checked his ears twice a day and then gave him medicine with every meal. Which f*ck those meals. Sura used to make sure they got the good sh*t and now he had some kind of weird glop sh*t that was nasty as f*ck.

He was currently sitting with his parents in his room, waiting for the doctor to give them an update on what was going on with his hearing aids.

'They already s.p.o.k.e. To us about the f.a.c.t that we won't have to p.a.y.'

His mother tried. She was spelling out most of the words, and using basic hand motions along with the actual signs. So 'won't' was just shaking her head. It was pretty f*cking confusing but he got the gist of it.

"Better f*cking not, we're not the ones who did something wrong. They're the ones that messed up." He spoke, signing still as he did. Hopefully that would help them learn some of the signs.

Because naturally, he was so f*cking bored and went ahead and learned more of them.

'That's true but. . . you also didn't tell a.n.y.o.n.e. About it.'

He glared at her silently and glanced at his father to see if he would say anything. He simply shrugged.

"I didn't know any better. How the f*ck was I supposed to know they were too big!? The f*cking doctor told me they were going to be uncomfortable, and he said they were going to give me headaches. So how the f*ck was I was supposed to know that what was happening wasn't f*cking normal!?" He snapped at them. His mother got riled up as well but his father took her hand and calmed her down as the doctor walked in.

He sat silently as they spoke. They weren't like Kirishima, they didn't translate everything for him when someone was talking. They just filled him in afterwards with a little bit of information, leaving him without the option to ask questions or help make the decisions.
He slouched down slightly, there was no point in him being there if they were just going to fill him in afterwards.

The doctor turned to him and motioned that he was going to look at his ears. The blonde nodded and turned his head to make it easier for him. He'd done this so many times by now he was moving before the doctor even motioned that he was done with the first check.

The doctor eventually nodded and stepped away, moving back to talk to his parents again.

Silence. F*cking silence. This was literally getting to be so old.

"Can I go outside? For a while?" He asked tiredly. They all looked to him, the doctor nodded.

'Don't go far.'

His father signed to him. He nodded, grabbing his phone and his jacket before he stood and stepped out of the room. He loved being outside, he wanted to go for another hike soon, he wanted to take Kirishima to a new mountain, one that even he hadn't been to, so they could both experience it for the first time.

He was starting to care for him too much. It was getting to where he was prefering to hang out with him instead of doing training and studying. And of course the entire time he was in the hospital the other ones were texting him too, telling him everything going on and making sure they told him how often Kirishima went on about him.

He scrolled through his messages until he found Kirishima's name, which didn't take long saying as he didn't message many people. He hit the call button, waiting a long moment before Kirishima finally answered. The redhead was laughing, a Pikachu and an Alien leaning against him on either side trying to fit themselves into the frame.

The blonde frowned a bit. Normally he was glad he couldn't hear them, being stupid and acting like children- but right now, he wanted more than anything to hear them laugh and hear their voices.