Aj's Dilemma

Announcement: Sorry I didn't upload for a while. There were unexpected personal issues and I can't write that much anymore. For now the upload schedule will not be consistent.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Aj closed his laptop and laid back down on his bed. He hadn't slept well last night, a phenomenon he blamed on jetlag but what might've been the effect of a deeper reason...

Shaking his possibly proceeding thoughts away, he thought of Viv instead. He hadn't known the girl that well, despite being in the same timezone. He hoped Viv was okay and that she could return.

Gradually, his thoughts turned to another girl in LLU. Her smile, her beautiful voice, her features that had haunted his thoughts last night. Her fun personality, the way they had synced during their conversation. Her lips...

No. No. It simply would not work. He was a court musician, a blademaster. What would his father thing? What would the king think? Hadn't he promised himself that he would make them proud?

Sighing, he browed Reddit for a while and then noticed the time. 8:03. Hearing voices outside, he decided to go to breakfast. Nate, Amy, and Regina were already down, he observed. And then he spot Bread coming towards the table, a plate in her hands, and his heart pounded.

Damn. Why did she affect him like this?

He waved to the others and went to the buffet to get food. Noticing only two seats empty, one next to Amy and one next to Bread, he took the one next to Bread.

"Morning," he said, trying to ignore the nervousness inside his chest.

"Honk hi!" Amy greeted.

"Whatsup?" Nate asked.

"Suicide rates," Aj replied with a grin.

"Hi!" Bread smiled at him.

"Greetings." Regina proceeded to take a bite of her toast.

"Aah! Stop eating Bread!" Amy joked.

Aj took a hesitant look at the toast on his plate and picked it up.

"No!"

Ignoring the panicked cries around him, Aj ate the toasted bread.

"Aj!" Bread tried not to laugh as she scolded him. He laughed and tried to understand how the girl could have such an impact on him. Why is it that, now that he had met her, he liked her even more?

He thought back to yesterday.

He walked in and told the waiter about the reservation. As the waiter guided him, he felt a sense of excitement. These people had kept him company and made him laugh with their craziness, and he couldn't wait to meet them.

He stopped at the doorway the waiter had guided him to and scanned the new faces. Inevitably, his eyes stopped at a certain girl. A girl with bright hair, sparkling eyes, and soft features. She looked at him standing hesitantly at the door and he... why was he suddenly nervous?

One of the other girls spotted him and waved enthusiastically. She announced his presence and he introduced himself. The others informed him of who they were and, though he couldn't really remember who they all were, he paid close attention to one person. And of course her username was Bread.

Of course the one person that had caught his eye was the one whose personality he loved so much, and the one with the weak powers. This was stupid. So what? It's not like he had a crush on her or- no! She was just an online friend.

But as the night had went on, he had found himself liking Bread more and more. She was fun to be around, and was a friend he would value.

He just couldn't spend too much time around her, as he was expected to keep powerful company that he could leech benefits from, and he couldn't get distracted either. Never mind the absurdities his brain was throwing at him.

God, he had that performance when he returned. How did he find himself thinking about girls?

"This is a rare break, Avi. Go on that vacation and enjoy it. Don't you dare think of your duties."

"Mother..."

He shook the thoughts from his brain and focused on the present.