2 - The Doubts Of A Queen

Agatha

I honestly feel like I'm about to explode. I've been sat in my room eating a giant serving of spaghetti with cheese like I always do when I'm stressed. Normally I would care about the mess I'm making but for now, I'd rather cocoon myself with food. I should stop doing this when I'm stressed but it's just so easy. Tedros would just tell me to get my frustration out with exercise but that is definitely not for me.

"Sophie is going to kill you if she sees you eating that." Tedros flops onto the bed next to me. I stab my fork into the last bit of spaghetti, twisting it in place before placing it in my mouth just to spite him.

"What Sophie doesn't know won't hurt her," I say, moving the empty bowl onto the floor. "Anyway, the wedding is in three months time, I hardly think it's that important for me to stick to her diet plan now." Ever since Sophie and Hort announced that they were getting married, Sophie has been trying to control everything. I know she wants it to be absolutely perfect but I don't know why she has to control my diet too.

"The wedding is in one month time Agatha," Tedros replies.

"No wonder she's been looking more stressed recently." It's true, Sophie has hardly been in one place recently for more than five minutes at a time. She seems to be running around everywhere, occasionally with Hort reluctantly following behind. I didn't realise that time had been moving so quickly. Maybe that's another reason why I feel so stressed lately.

"Speaking of Sophie, where is she? I thought she was going to help you at the fundraiser today?" Tedros moves closer on the bed until he's sat right next to me. We both lean back together, letting our backs rest on the pillows behind us. I can feel his warmth radiating off him. It's a really nice feeling.

"She was supposed to but she decided last minute to go and visit the school although I haven't the faintest clue why."

"I thought Professor Manley was the new Dean for Evil. Don't tell me that Sophie wants to be Dean again because I don't feel the teachers could survive another go at it."

I chuckle to myself remembering when Sophie was the Dean for Evil. She tried to revolutionse Evil to be the new Good. The Evil teachers were at their wits ends as Sophie changed everything they thought as being truly Evil. Thankfully for them, Sophie realised that life wasn't for her. "I think she likes the reception she gets over there. Plus she might like testing Manley's patience a little bit."

"So what has got you stressed?" Tedros asks.

"What makes you think I'm stressed?"

Tedros picks up the empty bowl of spaghetti. "You only eat spaghetti with cheese when you're stressed or because something's bothering you. With you though, those things are kind of the same thing." He places the bowl back on the floor and then stares at me waiting for an answer. A part of me is actually impressed. Tedros isn't usually the most observant person but he's actually picked one of my habits up. It's sweet actually.

"I just," I sigh. How do I word this? "I just feel like I'm not a good Queen."

"Why would you think that? You've already helped raise money to rebuild most of Camelot and you're doing an amazing job at keeping our alliances strong with the other kingdoms."

"Is that all a Queen does? She sits around fundraising and smiling and waving? It just feels so different from the past few years of my life." Ever since I came into the woods, my life had been so much different than I ever thought it could be. Now I'm stuck in a position where I do nothing.