3.5 Standards

Posted: February 14, 2021 | Edited: June 22, 2022

3.5 Standards

5 Standards

Arshiya

"Flying solo tonight?" Dhruvi raises an impressed brow, "Bold move, Aru. Hope you're ready for some cheap flirting from the boys."

I look around at the crowd that has turned up for the New Years' Eve party she's hosting at her farmhouse. "I think they've learnt their lesson from last time. Which reminds me, I hope you didn't mind I used Roshan to give everyone the impression he won the bet. He told you it was just a trick, right?"

At first, she narrows her brows before chuckling in amusement. "Babe, relax. Roshan and I are not a thing. The most we'll do is make out to blow off some steam. Even that, we haven't done in some months now."

When she continues to look unaffected, I take her word for it. Getting in between them was the last thing I wanted. Given I don't interact with Dhruvi as much, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind that Roshan was involved with her – he hadn't brought it up either.

"Anything going on between you two? If so, I won't kiss him tonight."

"Oh, don't stop on my account."

She assesses me for a second before shrugging, "It depends on if he'll even show up. He doesn't like parties as much."

I just nod. He may have said something along the lines once. He hadn't even shown up to the karwa chauth celebration we held at out place a couple of weeks ago. There were plenty things happening in the lives of my family members too, whereby we hadn't spoken since that morning.

Shyam had shown up at AR headquarters when Annie, Jhanvi, Aarav, and Rihaan were there. It led to my parents upping the security everywhere and working to find the loophole in security that let him sneak in the building.

An attempt was made on Jhanvi's life to kill her and her baby. It led to Aarav and her having a quick legal wedding so she could be the owner of her family estate as the only living heir of the Jaipur royal family. She and Aarav are also in hiding until the conspirators are caught and the threat on her life is eliminated.

Even though I was not directly involved in any of it, I hadn't spent much time away from family.

Tanuj holds a glass of drink in front of me. "I'm good, thanks," I decline for I have been taught better than to accept a drink from someone.

"It's not spiked if that's what you're thinking," he insists cockily.

"Still. I'll get one if I need it." I make the excuse to get him to back off. If it wasn't prepared in front of me, I am not drinking it no matter who is offering it to me.

"Attitude, huh?" He smirks, laying the flirting on thick. "It's a sexy look on you."

I shake my head in pure amusement even as Dhruvi says, "Really, Tanuj, just give it up and find someone else to cozy up to for the night."