Chapter 5

Y/N POV

After running into that super cute boy --- Peter was his name I believe, my day actually went pretty smoothly. I got to my classes on time, met a few new people here and there, and managed to pay attention in class. By the end of the day, I was in a perfectly happy mood... something that never really happens to me. Now not to say I'm some negative, depressed teenager, however I haven't felt like this in years. My attitude changed after my little run in with Peter.
Although I was in a great mood, it was hard to ignore the constant beating of my Spider tattoo. It was alive. It changed from red to black every few seconds and let off a never ending flash of pain. However, I tried my hardest to ignore the weird behavior of my tattoo --- no way was I gonna let it ruin my day.

I walked down the hallway, a smile on my face and a pip in my step. My brain was clouded with replays of the adorable curly brown haired and puppy eyed boy from earlier.
A part of me was happy that I'd found a friend, perhaps a crush -- while the other part of me knew I was happy because I'd maybe --- just maybe --- finally be able to forget my Soulmate once and for all.
Now not to say that Peter didn't like Soulmates, hell he may even have one.... but there was just something different about him.
Sure I've dated in the past, but I've never felt a spark with them. Thoughts of my Soulmate were on my mind everytime I held hands with a boy, hugged them, even when I kissed them. But even during my little flirtatious meeting with Peter... I felt a connection... a connection that would put this whole Soulmate business to a stop.

Once I placed all my school belongings in my locker, closing it amd locking it up when I was finished, I turned to face the direction of the doors, only to jump slightly when I faced Ned and MJ who were wearing smiles.
"Geez you scared the crap out of me" I said placing my hand to my heart as it's beat slowed down. I picked my bag up from the floor and swung it over my shoulder.
"Sorry" MJ bluntly spoke. "We were just gonna check on you -- ask how your first day went" "It went pretty good. Thanks for asking" I quirked my eyebrows at Ned who's face was turning a deep shade of red. It seemed like he was begging to speak.
"You good Ned?" I questioned. The boy let out a breath and opened his mouth to speak.
"I-I'm great! Absolutely p-perfect! Never been better-" Ned stopped when MJ nugged him on the elbow.
"S-So meet any new people today?" He asked excitedly.
"Uhh ya a few" I said slowly, unsure of my answer. I gave them both a weak smile before walking around them and towards the closet exit.

"Who'd you meet?" Ned and MJ both asked once they caught up with me.
"Umm Kenny and Emma from science, Julian from English and a few more students too -- why'd you ask?" "O-Oh no reason" Ned stuttered. "So I saw you met Peter today" He quickly spoke. Confusion washed over me.
"Uhh ya I did after I ran into the dude" I laughed. "What do you think of him?" MJ questioned further. We arrived at the doors, to which I stopped and turned to face my friends.
"He seemed cool... but hey I should probably get going. My mom hates waiting" I gestured outside before pushing the doors open and rushing to my moms car, leaving Ned and MJ.

NED POV

"They are totally Soulmates" MJ said as we exited the school, watching Y/n run towards her mom's car.
"How do you know that? She didn't even seemed fazed after meeting Peter for the first time. I thought when Soulmates met, they'd know just by looking at each other" I replied. "She called Peter cool" MJ said. I looked at her confused, not really understanding what she was getting at.
"So?" I asked. She looked at me with her classic smirk.
"Peter and cool are two completely different words... the Soulmate bond is blinding her to the point where she thinks Peter Parker is cool" I rolled my eyes at MJ's statement. It was stupid, however quite accurate.

"Well I'm going to Peter's tonight... maybe I can get something out of him then" I said hopefully. I was happy for my best friend. He had finally found his other half... after years and years of waiting, he'd finally found the person he was destined to be with --- despite Peter not being aware of that yet... I was happy for him... completely and utterly happy... well as happy as I can be...
It was hard to be supportive of your best friend when you knew you'd never get the same experience...

Y/N POV

"So Y/n, how was your day?" My dad suddenly spoke up. I jumped out of my thoughts, mentally punching myself as I realized I was stuck in my own little world once again.
"Uhh it was good" I smiled tightly. I then looked down at my plate, mentally groaning as I saw my peas and mash potatoes mixed together --- talk about being in my own world.

Little conversation was exchanged during dinner. My parents had attempted a number of times to make some sort of small talk, however the tensions from yesterday were still present in the atmosphere.
I picked up my fork and dug it into the chicken to eat.
"Oww" I hissed dropping the cutlery. I pulled the sleeve on my sweater up, immediately seeing as my Soulmate tattoo was still burning up --- it was a painful feeling... something I had never experienced before.
"You ok Y/n?" Mom questioned, grabbing the attention of the rest of my family. I pulled my sleeve back down.
"Uh ya I'm fine. Just a little tired... m-maybe I should go to bed. Call it a day" I motioned to my room down the small hallway.
I stood up from my seat nervously and picked up my plate to bring to the kitchen sink.
"Hey sport could you fill up my glass?" Dad asked. I rolled my eyes.
"Yea sure. Just promise me you won't use that nickname again" I chuckled, reaching over the table to take the empty glass. Without me realizing it, my sleeves pulled back, revealing my Spider tattoo.
"Oh my god! What the hell is that?!" Libby yelled looking up from her phone. My parents looked confused at first, then changed to shock as they saw what Libby was talking about.
"What?" I asked, my voice tinted with fear.
"Y-Your tattoo-" "Oh it's fine. Been like that all afternoon" I shrugged. Stella then stood up and yanked my arm towards her. A gasp escaped her mouth making me grab my arm from her grip.
"W-What? It's n-nothing I-I pro-" "Just shut the fuck up Y/n!!!" Stella screamed back. "Y-Your tattoo-" "I said it nothing. Just leave it be" I spoke sternly. "Y/n that is not nothing.... I-It's changing colour --- It's causing you pain" A smile appeared on her face. "It's alive" I looked at Stella with disgust.
"Yuck. Don't say that" I scrunched my face up. "No not like that" Libby said. "The tattoo is telling you something!" She squealed. "What do you mean?" I asked. I was hella confused at this point. The sudden happiness from everyone in the room made for an uneasiness feeling in my stomach.
Stella tried to hide her smile as she pulled me in and examined my tattoo further. She then looked back at me in the eyes.

"You met your Soulmate"