Chapter 6

Deals with sensitive topics

Y/N POV

My heart dropped at my sisters words. 4 words. Just 4 simple words that somehow cut through my chest, and ripped out my heart. I shook my head slightly as tears started to build up in my eyes.
"No" I said sternly. The happy and joyful faces of my family seemed to fade away --- like chalk on pavement --- the rain comes and washes it all alway, not a trace in sight.
"I'm not- I'm not doing this right now" One single tear left my glossy eyes. I continued to shake my head in denial, eventually dropping the plate and glasses in the table and making my way to my bedroom, slamming the door behind.
I sighed, pushing my body on the creaky bed. Millions of thoughts were running through my head, but only one truly caught my attention.

I met my Soulmate.

It was an ugly thought. A nasty thought. As a child, I'd hope and dream that maybe I'll forget about my Soulmate. Live my life with no worries and regrets. I'd hope that just maybe, the universe would see that I was best off by myself --- however it seems to be that it's not the case anymore... my Soulmate was out there. Someone who I had said just a few words, possibly a whole conversation, was my other half.

I groaned as I sat up from the uncomfortable matrices, the pain from the tattoo stil being there. I got up from the bed and then made my way over to the window, looking up at the night sky. There were a few stars, however the city lights of Queens overshadowed the ones from space.
A soft knock was announced at my bedroom door. Soon after, the sweet sound of my mother's voice filled my ears. I rolled my eyes before opening the window and stepping out onto the fire escape. Looking up, I realized that the stairs led to what I could only assume would be the roof. Being the curious and adventurous girl I was, I went up, eventually ending at the top of the apartment building that overlooked Queens.
A smile appeared on my tear stained face. The view was beautiful. Lights filled my eyes, all different colours. The wind blew, pushing my hair in all different directions, but I didn't care. I walked over to the edge of the building and looked down, seeing only a few walking the night streets.

"Hope your not thinking of jumping" A voice suddenly spoke.

PETER POV

3 loud knocks filled my ears as I sat on my couch, eating a grilled cheese sandwich. I rolled my eyes dramatically, not necessarily being in the mood to talk to anyone --- but I got up anyway. I walked over to the rugged front door and opened it.
"Oh it's you" I said blankly when I came face to face with my best friend. His smile disappeared and was replaced with an annoyed look.
"Wow Peter, what a way to welcome a guest" Ned spoke as he walked into the apartment. "I came here to talk to you" He turned to me. I shrugged Ned off and walked over to the couch, wanting to ignore Ned and carry on with my night.
"Peter just here me out-" "If your here to talk about my Soulmate, then feel free to leave" I turned the volume up on the TV and started to flip through the channels, eventually landing on an episode of FRIENDS. Chuckles left my mouth every few moments as jokes were being said left, right and center.
I heard a huff from Ned, choosing to ignore him, I didn't pay attention to when Ned grabbed the remote from my hand and switched off the screen.
"Listen Peter there's something I need to talk to you about" He started. "I've been trying to tell you all day but you've been ignoring me-" "Is this about my Soulmate?" I questioned. Ned nodded slowly, not wanting to make me more upset then I already was.
"It is Peter, but if you'd ju-" "Then I don't want to hear it Ned" I got up from the couch and made my way towards my room, Ned following close behind. Once I got in the room, I went to my closet and pulled out my Spider-man suit.
"What are you doing?" Ned asked as I took off my shirt. "Patrol" I said. "Peter, you can't keep running away from this conversation dude" I slipped my suit on and walked over to the window, pushing it open.
As I started out the window, I glanced at Ned, immediately noticing the frown on his face. I sighed.
"Ned..." He looked up with a glimpse of hope. "I'm sorry for being rude, it's just- "No no no I get it Peter. It's hard seeing everyone around you happy with their Soulmate. And I totally understand that feeling dude. I miss Harper every day man. I miss her smile, her laugh, everything. It's hard having a Soulmate across the country... I can't imagine not having one at all" Ned said sadly. His head dropped slightly. "But Peter there's something I really do need to tell yo-" "Can it wait for tomorrow?" I interrupted. Ned hesitated before agreeing to my question. I smiled at him before pulling the mask over my face. I closed the window behind me as I shot a web to a near by building and started my patrol for the night.