Chapter Seven

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. I never understood your grudge against me-"

"Grudge? That's what you think this is? You're such a moron, Harry. Just- JUST GET OUT!"

"No! I want to-"

"Help me? Yes, of course! That's all you want to do! Because the Golden Boy is just SO perfect!"

Harry slapped him across the face. Draco stared at him, startled.

"Shut up, Draco. I didn't ask to be the 'chosen one'. But I-I.. I thought- Ugh, fuck it. You don't have to tutor me anymore. You don't have to be my friend either."

"No- I want to be your friend! I just- I can't tell you.."

Realisation finally seemed to pass over Potter's stupid face. He smiled slightly and looked up at Draco.

"Then show me." Harry said softly.

Draco bit his lip and stepped towards Harry. He looked down at him.

"I think you'd hate me."

"I think you're stalling."

"Well I think-"

Draco was cut off by Harry's warm soft lips, pressing up to his own. He froze. His mind went blank. The idiot stood there for a moment before he remembered how to function. He moved his hand up to tangle in Harry's hair. Draco's other hand moved to his waist as he kissed him back, gently. It was a perfect moment.

When they eventually broke apart, Harry's cheeks were rosy and his eyes sparkled. He smiled at Draco, who eyed him with what Harry now identified as longing. It was quiet for the count of 10 until Draco broke the silence.

"Well.. That was a hell of a kiss." Draco ran a hand through his hair and tried to hide his smile, failing of course.

"Clearly you didn't have the nerve to do it your self." Harry folded his arms.

"Is that a challenge, Potter?"

Harry shrugged and gathered his things. "Doesn't look like you have the time to figure it out. I have to go. See you tomorrow, Draco."

He watched his retreating figure, smiling. "See you tomorrow.."