Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Sora opened his eyes to see his twin brother Roxas laying on the floor. He wasn't moving as blood slowly dripped from the large gashes across his back. His short blond hair was slowly going red as the blood pooled on the floor.

Sora tried as hard as he could to pull his hand free from the rope that has him tied to a pole. It was his turn to be punished now. As he heard the whip crack behind him all he could think of is why he was here.

If he and Roxas hadn't tried to escape then he wouldn't be getting whipped till they where unconscious. They would survive but only so that they could be guinea pigs for Ansem.

As Sora heard the whip crack, about to hit his skin he woke in a cold sweat with Roxas standing over him, calling his name.

"Sora, SORA!" Roxas yelled in panic as Sora slowly opened his eyes.

"Roxas. What are you doing in my room?"

"You were having a nightmare again. I could hear you screaming from my room."

"I'm sorry Roxas, I didn't mean to wake you."

"That's okay little brother we should probably get up and get ready for our first day of school." Roxas smiled down at Sora.

"Aw Roxas, five more minutes." Sora said as he rolled over and wrapped the blanket over his head.

Roxas laughed at Sora's childish behaviour "Sure this time Sora, but don't blame me if you get detention on your first day." Knowing Sora really didn't like getting in trouble, Roxas left his room so he could shower and get dressed.'

Once Sora was showered he headed to his wardrobe to pick out some clothes for the day. He chose a basic black singlet and a pair of black shorts and finished it off with a silver jacket with black outlining and patterns around the seams and the shoes to match silver with black laces.

He walked back into the bathroom to try to fix his hair but as he looked in the mirror he sighed. There was no way his soft brown gravity defying hair was going to do nothing other than stand on end. He took one last look at his bright blue eyes and headed down for breakfast.

His twin brother Roxas was sitting at the table stuffing his face with a piece of toast. He was wearing a black singlet along with black and white pants with a matching jacket and black shoes. His blond hair and blue eyes making him look innocent. Even if he did just destroy the toast.

As Sora sat down to eat his toast his adoptive father, Cloud, walked into the room placing two bags on the table. Lunch for each of them he guessed. Sora looked up at Cloud. He looked a bit like Roxas with his blue eyes and blond hair but it was just as spiky and crazy as Sora's. He wore all black with black pants, black singlet and a black long sleave jacket. Cloud was not someone you would want to mess with. Let's put it this way. If you ran into Cloud in a dark alley you probably wouldn't be running ever again.

"Morning cloud" Sora said with a smile.

"Hey Sora," Replied cloud "Are you guys ready for your first day of school."

"Yeah I think we are." Said Roxas in a non-caring tone.

"Are you sure you guys want to do this? I mean if you wanted to give up this idea of going to school. I'd still be happy to home school you guys."

"It's okay, Cloud. I think we need to do this. We need to try to be normal at some point of time." Sora said with a huge grin on his face.

"Okay boys if that's what you want. But please, just be careful and if you think something is wrong or you're being watched, make sure you call me straight away. Got it?"

"Yes sir." Roxas and Sora shouted together.

Cloud smiled and said his good-byes as he left for work.

The twins headed to school on their motorbikes, Sora's was a shiny red and black and Roxas' was black and silver. As they pulled up to the school they noticed that a lot if people where staring at them.

"Roxas why are they all looking at us.." Sora trailed off.

"I don't know, bro but it's probably best we find our way to the office so we can get our class schedules."

And with that Sora and Roxas headed though the school to find the office