Chapter 42

ADA

"Hmm. Never have I ever..." Wesley glances around the fire at each of us, eyes narrowed. "Made out with a co-star off camera."

"Oh, come on," Liam groans.

"Drink up, bitches!" Wesley throws his hands in the air in victory. Faye and Ariani both take a swig, and Liam drains his water bottle, chucking it at him.

Thinking about which of the many impossibly beautiful actors Liam might've kissed off-screen is like taking a punch. Comparing myself to Mia Harlow is bad enough, and I've been doing my best not to go there. I hadn't thought about who else he might've been with.

I force a laugh, not wanting everyone else to know I'm having a minor meltdown over here. Liam must pick up on my vibe because his eyes dart over to me.

He folds me in his arms, tucking me close to him and kissing the top of my head. I snuggle in, letting the familiar smell of him wash away my insecurities.

"Hey, wait a second! Didn't you hook up with that one girl last week? The one with the pink hair?" Faye takes another gulp, shuddering. The more drinks she pours, the stronger they seem to be and the lighter and buzzier I start to feel.

"I said co-stars, not extras."

"Oh, boo!" yells Ariani. "That totally counts."

"Nah-ah. It's my turn, so I make the rules."

"I'm over this game." Faye stands, snagging a box of graham crackers off the table. "Anyone else want another s'more?"

"Right here." Liam holds up a hand. Faye tosses him a bag of marshmallows. He catches it, popping one on the end of a skewer and holding it over the fire.

"I have to say, I'm impressed by your level of sugar consumption tonight. I think you've outdone even me." I take a small sip of my drink and scrunch my nose, setting it down.

"Don't believe the lies about celebrities never eating normal food." Liam grins at me. He's so handsome in the flickering light of the campfire, I grab my Nikon and sneak a couple photos while he turns the marshmallow above the flames.

He notices the ch-ch of the shutter and looks over, sticking his tongue out sideways. I laugh, snapping another shot. "That one's going on the next cover of StarTracker." I hold out the LCD screen so he can see the photo.

Liam chuckles. "Well, it's better than some of my other pictures on there." He slides the marshmallow on a cracker.

"So are we all in for the movie premiere next weekend?" Faye asks, carefully stacking her chocolate and graham crackers.

"You better be. The after party is gonna be off the hook." Wes lifts his hands up, bobbing back and forth. He has a  role in a rom-com that's premiering at Lincoln Center next week. It's sure to be the biggest event in the city all month.

"Are you having a stroke, or is that supposed to be dancing?" Ariani stares at him, looking appalled.

Liam snickers and turns to me. "You busy Friday night? Or will you be my date for this thing?"

"Hmmm." I bunch my lips to the side like I have to think about it. "I might be able to make that work."

Agnes gave me a press pass for the event earlier this week. I was planning to work it, but I'm sure she won't care as long as she can sell some shots of Liam and me together. Especially after all the exclusive shots I'm getting this weekend.

I put my camera down and sit on Liam's lap, looping my arms around his shoulders as he traces his fingers up and down my back and bites into his s' more. The marshmallow stretches into a sticky string that clings to his chin. I giggle. "You've got—" I tap my own chin.