Aye im driving here

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to move to New York. It's crowded, it's smells, there's rude people everywhere, and the god damn traffic.

I'm late to work almost everyday, it's not like I live far away or anything,only about twenty minutes away from my apartment. I work at a store that you rent movies from its called "Rent a film" how Original. It's owned by some millionaire guy who owns like ten different company's, insane right, that guy probably wipes his ass with five dollar bills!

Shit, its almost nine fifty five! I have to be at work at ten .I'm going to be late, again!

I start driving like some badass ninety year old who can barely see. If I'm late one more time I'm going to lose my job!

" What the hell!?" Oh god. I just hit the car in front of me.

The guys steps out of his car looks soo mad it's scary, I might actually shit my pants.

He has brown hair with brown eyes, the most bushy eyebrows I have ever seen,and a perfect jawline, least to say is that this guy looked like he just walked out of a Calvin Klein ad.

"What the fuck?! You better have insurance!!" Oh fuck, do I?

I think I do, Let's see ...'Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there' nope didn't think so.

"Um ya I believe I do. I'm really sorry by the way." This guy is pissed and the worst part is that he looks like he could probably pick me up with one hand.

" What is wrong with you, you drive like my grandma. Do you not know how to fucking drive?" Looks like I accomplished my ninety year old techie,whoop!

"Yea buts it's just that Um I'm kinda late for work and I might lose my job, do u think we could exchange info and deal with this later.I mean it only a Fender bender, I don't wanna lose my job." Shit I hope I didn't just piss him off more.

"You know what, yea you're right is just a little bump. Sorry for being so silly about it, here lets just exchange numbers so we can talk about this later." What the actual flying duck.This guy must be bipolar, just a second ago I thought he was going to rip my head off, and now every things chill.

I hand him my phone with my contacts app open so he can just put his info in, he hands me my phone back and says " just text me saying it's ... "

" Oh my names Toby, yes I know it's a boys name. My parents wanted to be original or something I don't know."

"Well okay just text me saying its Toby" with that we got in our cars and you know drove.

I'm late, of course. My mangers a total prick but also a perv so I can just hoe it up a bit everything should be cool.

" Toby again? We have already discussed this, you can't be late to work anymore more and I'm serious this time.If you are late one more time I'm going to have to fire you."

Those were the exact words of my boss last week when I was late because I couldn't find my keys so I had to take the bus.

Pulling into work I decided to dig up those acting skills I have from the two classes I took in middle school. I limp into the door where Ronny is standing with his hand on his hips waiting for me.

"Toby you know what I said last week, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to le.........

"OH RONNY PLEASE, I WAS IN AN ACCIDENT. DIDN'T YOU NOTICE MY LIMP?" I cry out grabbing on to his shirt
He sighs and removes my hands from him "Last chance Toby and I mean it."

I'm lucky to still have this job, I'm honestly a horrible employee. I sit on my phone in the back corner all day pretending to put the movies back. Ronny knows but after the first few times he stopped trying. Best. Boss. Ever

I grab the box of returned movies , which is like four since no one rents movies anymore, what do we live in the Stone Age? I go to my corner where I hope to spend the rest of my day at peace, playing candy crush.

I jump up in joy finally beating level fifty, as I have been trying to do for a week now, when I come face to face with some dude in a suit.

" I would guess you work here since you have a uniform on, but I can't quite be sure as seeing you are crouched in a corner doing nothing. Where is your manager?" Oh shit mysterious suit dude, do you want me to lose my job?!?

" Um I'm not sure..umm he should be here somewhere... ermmm... RONNY?" I scrambled around practically tripping over the movies I was suppose to be putting away.

" What do you want Toby, can't do you just sit there and le..... oh hi there Mr. Franklin." Ronny stick is arm out to shake his hand "Toby this is Mr. Franklin, the owner."

Fuck.
.....................:...:.:...:.::::.....::...::...:.•.......
Hey sorry if this sucks ,first story. so for all of those people who actual made it it , woah good job. hopefully this gets better, um thanks

P.s ik no one reads the authors notes 😂