1- Introductions and The Escape

"To write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself." -Anne Rice

Sang's POV

I add a charm to my bracelet for every life I've ended. 

There's twelve charms so far. That's a meager amount compared to other assassins I've worked with, but I've only been in the field for a year. It took two years to be trained in hand to hand combat, weaponry, espionage, and foreign languages. From the day I was kidnapped, I've been planning my escape. I had to make the organization think that I would take what happened to me quietly- that I would become one of them. I know that if I could work my way up, they'd trust me with information no other recruit is allowed to know. Unfortunately, that mean I'd have to do everything they've wanted me to without complaint. If I make it out alive, I think I might die from the guilt. 

The only things keeping me going are the friends I've made within the Organization and the thought of seeing the boys again. I just hope they'll still want me around.

"Sang!" Cassian snapped. "Come deactivate these kill chips or are you too busy daydreaming about your boyfriends?"

With his 6 foot frame, dark curly hair,  deep blue eyes, and muscular physique, Cassian isn't exactly a pain to look at. He's a good friend, but even after all this time, my heart still belongs to the boys. 

"Oh, give it a rest," Claire interjected, pushing one of her dark curls away from her eyes. "Now is not the time for one of your jealousy episodes. Sang's the only one who knows how to do this so she's earned the right to daydream a little."

Every new recruit is given a kill chip to track their location. If you try to leave the base or run away during a mission, the chip will immediately inject a poison into your system and kill you within the hour. I was taught exactly how the chips work including how to shut them off.

"I know we're all a little anxious right now but we have to try to stay level headed," Amara reasoned.

Amara keeps us in line. She's sort of a new to our little friend group, but I'd put my life in her hands. 

"A little anxious? I trust Sang but our lives are at stake here. We need to stay focused," Cassian said, much calmer now. 

I push myself off the wall I had been leaning on and walked over to them. "He's right. We do need to focus. Amara, go pack our stuff. Cassian, I need you to decide what weapons are worth taking with us. Claire, go make sure the getaway car you got us is ready. We'll need to leave as soon as the chips are deactivated because it won't take long for them to realize what's going on."

My words set them into action. The organization may have ruined our lives, but at least they helped us develop a good work ethic.