3- Honey and Peanut Reunion

Nathan's POV

It's been three years since Sang went missing. We were all busy with academy jobs that day and had planned to leave her with Erica but she insisted we were just being paranoid. We shouldn't have listened to her. Not even the academy team that specializes in tracking could find her but that's not surprising considering her ghost status. The only explanations we could think of is that Volto took her or that she left of her own free will. The thought of her intentionally leaving us is too hard to handle so I usually avoid thinking about it. I haven't even attempted to date again. Sang haunts my memories.

Even one of the girls in the booth I'm waiting on reminds me of Sang. Her face is hidden behind a black hoodie, but it's the blonde hair peeking out and her small frame that resembles Sang.

"How can I help you today?" I asked.

The girl looked up, and the world started to spin. It wasn't until the she gasped my name that my world stopped.

"Sang," I whispered, hoping that this wasn't a figment of my mind. Inconspicuously, I pinched myself, making sure that this wasn't a cruel dream. When I felt the pain in my arm, I stared at her. "You're- you're okay."

I grabbed her hand, pulling her out of her seat and into my arms. A weight seemed to have lifted from me as her small body tentatively wrapped around me. She started to speak, breathless. "I'm not sure if I'm okay but I'm home."

I pulled back a little to meet her eyes. "You're not okay? DO you need sleep or food?" I wanted to whack my head. "Of course, you need food. You're at a restaurant. Do you need Doc? You probably need him. I should call him."

The sound of her giggles stopped my rambling. Her green eyes smiled at me. "I'm fine, Nathan. I'm sorry I worried you."

I pulled her back into my arms. "Don't be sorry. How are you here? What happened?"

She wriggled her way out of my embrace. I was about to ask her way but I noticed the look in her eyes. She had a faraway look on her face. She sat back down. "Can we talk about that later? I know that you and the others have a lot of questions, but you should call a family meeting. I don't want to explain it more than once, and my friends and I are hungry."

At the mention of her friends, I finally remembered that we weren't the only people in the room. Two girls sat on the other side of the table. The one closest to the wall had dark skin. She had a slim figure, black curly hair, and deep brown eyes. The other girl had tan skin and straight auburn hair.

Sitting beside Sang was a guy with a pained expression. He had dark curly hair, blue eyes, and he was wearing a leather jacket. I immediately was on edge. Is it possible she's involved with this guy? A pang of jealousy and hurt filled me, but that was erased when he raised an eyebrow at me. I felt my anger grow and knew that I was glaring at him.

Sang looked at my tense expression and glanced at the object of said glare. Her expression turned unhappy, and I swallowed. I guess she's protective of him.

I coughed awkwardly, trying to diffuse some tension. "I'm guessing you're the hungry friends. I'm Nathan by the way."

I held out a hand for him to shake. He glanced at my hand and back to my face. "I know. When are you going to take our orders?"

Sang elbowed him in the ribs. Hard. If looks could kill, he'd be six feet under. She sure has gotten feisty.

"What? I'm hungry," he blurted, wearing an innocent expression.

"We're all hungry, but you're the only one being rude to Sang's friend," the auburn haired girl replied.

The guy threw his hands up in surrender. "Okay, I'm sorry. I get cranky when I'm hungry."