28: august 8 2011

hottest pic of my life attached fuck me sideways bYE

~:~

ELLIE

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8TH, 2011

School had never felt longer. The end of the school year seemed to be getting closer and closer, which meant the teachers were getting stricter, the homework harder, the students more and more stressed. The pressure was mounting.

And Ellie was so fucking tired. She had spent the past two days mostly at the hospital with Luke, each time staying until it was way too late and Jack's doctor had to basically force them to leave, and she had only gone back to school because her dad had just flown home from Melbourne and would have gone ape if he knew she was skipping. He was under the firm impression that each day of school mattered significantly to Ellie's life. She had the opposite belief.

She got home, dropping her bag and taking off her shoes at the front door, and started to head straight for her bedroom when Morgan's voice stopped her. "Ellie? Come here."

Arms crossed over her chest, Ellie walked in and raised an eyebrow. Morgan raised one back. "How was school?" she asked, leaning forward with her elbows on the island counter. She had a cigarette between two fingers, and her hair up in a messy bun.

"Suddenly decided you care?" Ellie asked, as she walked over to the TV. She hardly ever watched TV, but she needed something to fill the air other than Morgan's voice, or she'd go crazy.

Morgan shrugged. "Just making conversation." She watched as Ellie turned on the TV and surfed through for a channel, settling finally on an old episode of Criminal Minds. "God, no. I hate this show."

"Oops. Sorry," Ellie said flatly, without changing the channel.

Morgan's eyebrows rose and a grin spread across her face, creating deep indents on either side of her mouth. "Wow, someone's in a foul mood," she commented, blowing out a cloud of grey smoke. "Come on, tell Mummy what's wrong."

Ellie snorted. "I hope you're joking."

"Of course I'm fucking joking." Morgan eyed Ellie for a second, then held up the box of Marlboro Lights sitting in front of her on the counter. "Want one?"

"So you can laugh at me with Karen like you did when I was thirteen?" Ellie said dryly. She had never quite forgiven Morgan for offering her a cigarette as a joke a few years back. "I'll pass."

Morgan looked down and shrugged, taking such a long drag it looked as though her cheeks would cave in. "Your choice," she said. "Just looked like you needed it."

"Thanks for the consideration," Ellie muttered, then started to head upstairs. Morgan didn't stop her.

After the explosive fight they'd had on Monday night, things had more or less gone back to normal. Tense, sure -- it was as if they were walking on eggshells half the time when they spoke to each other -- but normal. What with Jack's overdose, Morgan had decided that a lot more mattered in the world than Ellie's moods and didn't bother kicking her out of the house again, instead dedicating herself to smoking at least two packs per day and ignoring her problems.

Roman was staying the night at Brendan's house again, and Dan had texted Ellie to tell her he was out with friends. Vague, but it was good for him to be out of the house, at least. Even if it meant things were lonely.

Ellie threw herself down onto her bed and lay there for a while, staring blankly at the ceiling. Every other part of her room was full of clutter, except for her ceiling, white and empty. The only part she had never been able to draw or paint over.