02: Magia

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Magia

(n.) magic

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

A layer of sweat clung to her skin like a second layer.

Maya closed her eyes, dragging her hand over her breasts to her rapidly beating heart to get herself to calm down.

Her brain was hazy, which was how she preferred it, and completely ignoring the man who was dozing off next to her. She craned her head to look at the guy lying in his bed, his body also covered in an even layer of sweat. The bed shifted as he groaned, a hand reaching to glide his finger over her stomach before he sighed. She heard his sigh, making her bite her inner cheek to recoil and push his arm away.

She noticed two things about this guy when he appeared in her Statistics class earlier in September.

One, he was a good looking man.

Two, he was very obviously interested in her.

He would talk to her during class, flirting with her and suggested they should study together. It was obvious studying was in the last thing in his mind, but Maya took his number anyways. She didn't think much about it until her meeting with Priya. It was only then she realized how she needed someone.

So she did the thing she always did.

She thought about how life lead up to this moment, a thought she always find herself going to. If Maya didn't walk out of her family, would life had gone this way? Had she listened to her parents to begin with, she wouldn't have done the things she only dreamed about. She wouldn't have studied abroad to London, going on winter trips to Madrid and Abu Dhabi with her classmates. She wouldn't have been able to have created a club that won her awards at her school and met people from around the world. All these things made her the person she was.

If she had listened to her parents though, she would've had her family at least.

A sigh emitted from her lips, something she didn't even realize she was holding back.

I need to get out of here.

Regret and shame gnawed the bottom of her stomach as she suddenly wanted to be home under her own bed to rid the evidence that he was over her.

Maya always felt like that, which was why she normally do this at the guy's home so she doesn't have to be reminded in her own room. All the feeling she felt were normal to her. All those negative latched onto her like a bad habit that will never change. Even then, she always found herself letting another man to lure her to his bed.

I need to leave.

Maya slipped out of the bed as quietly as possible, listening to the guys light snoring. She silently found her clothes with the limited light. She heard shouting on the street, most likely other students going out on a Friday night. Sirens were blaring off into the distance. The only thing she could focus on was her rapidly breathing, trying to escape this situation.

"Hey," his voice broke the silence. "I had a great time. Let's do this soon," she heard him say, breaking the silence of the room.