Home

Deep down, Zoe could feel a fifteen long year pull to the place where she'd spent several summers. Looking out the window, she debated. "Skylar! Charlie! Pack your things! We're going on holiday!" Hearing a hollered response, she smiled. Everything would be different. Had he moved on? Found someone new?

Two hours later they were nearing the island. Staring out over the water, Zoe tipped her head back, breathing in the sea air, refreshed. All too soon the ferry had docked, and they got off. Accompanying Maggie, twins in tow, to the house she remembered all so vividly, she let a slow, sad smile cross her face. "I'm going for a walk, to see him." "See you soon." Maggie said, watching her vanish through the door.

Running down towards the stables, Zoe's heart leapt. 'I'm home. Fifteen years away, and I'm home.' Smiling, she slowed once in the stable yard. Looking for people, but finding no one, she stood and let the memories wash over her. Hearing footsteps, she spun, coming face to face with an old friend. Her eyes widening, she gave a soft smile. "Hey Marcus. Long time no see." He strode forward and hugged her.

She laughed, setting him off. "It's good to have you back, Zoe. Come, let's go see the others. They'll be so surprised." Leading her around the corner, she gasped. "He's still alive? But how?" Looking at him, Marcus laughed. "His love and bond with you kept him from ageing, I guess." Swinging into the saddle, she prepared to take off. Tapping his sides, they were gone, racing toward the town. Marcus followed directly behind, guiding her to the new stable.

"Wait here. I'll go in and surprise them. Then you come in." He dismounted, walking into the open. She could hear him talking.
"We have a visitor. One who hasn't set foot on the island in years. Special visitor?"

Zoe prepared herself to walk into sight, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes before opening them again.

The seven watched as a dark haired woman walked into the light, head down. Slowly raising her head, Zoe readied herself to meet everyone's eyes. Gasps and screams sounded upon recognising and realising who they were seeing, Gaby, Mia, Susie, Jade and Becky hugged her.

Then she spotted him, and slowly approached, hand out. He hesitantly reciprocated, hand covering hers. Then he started walking, leading her out of sight. Gaby began after them, but Marcus stopped her, arm barring the way. "Let them go. She needs him. He needs her. They need this." He firmly said. Once behind the stable, he turned to her, grabbing her waist, kissing her.

She returns the action, snaking her hands behind his head. Breaking apart, she meets his eyes. "There's something you need to know. Follow me." Collecting their horses, they gallop for the house. "I'll be right back." A few minutes later, she re-emerges with two teens. The boy looked like her, whereas his sister didn't. Pale skinned, dark hair and vivid blue eyes, she was stunning.
"Pin, I want you meet my twins, Skylar Madison and Charlie Hunter Phillips. Kids, meet your father." He looked at her, stunned into shocked silence.

"The day you left, you were pregnant? When?" He asked. "Fifteen years, and four months ago. The night we spent together, no protection, was the night I conceived. I didn't say anything, as I wasn't sure if I'd see you again. I'll let you bond." She said, remounting Raven and riding off. He stood near the twins, unsure. "I'm your father, Pin Hawthorne. Want to do something?" He asked.

Pulling him inside, Skylar and Charlie drag their father to their grandmother. "Grandma, look who we found!" Eyes widening, she rushed over, crushing him in a hug.

Two hours later.

Having returned from her wild ride, Zoe entered the house, hurrying up the stairs. Catching sight of Pin sitting with his twins and her mother, she smiled. Walking into the room, she came up, putting her hands on his shoulders, pressing a kiss to his temple.

Two months later.
Once Pin proposed to her, with the two getting married, after leaving the island once again, taking the twins and Pin with her, Zoe was alive. Her home. Entering her room, she got ready for bed. Pin was walking past when he saw his wife's exposed, smooth shoulders, begging for touch. Having decided to move back and stay as a professional rider, Zoe knew she'd made the right decision.

She competed alongside her husband as Zoe Hawthorne-Phillips. Riding Bright Fields Raven, she flew through courses. Being a thoroughbred, Raven was born to run, acing steeplechase and cross country.